Not feeling satisfied

Options
Has anyone ever had a day where no matter what you eat, you still feel hungry? Yesterday and today has been like that for me. I managed to stay within my calorie intake yesterday but went to bed feeling like I haven't eaten anything all day. I wonder if it's because I walked 7 miles 2 days in a row and my stomach is craving more food.

Replies

• PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    Options
    Are you fueling that exercise by eating half the calories back? If not, you're not getting enough fuel for your body.
    That said, there are days when one is just hungry, no matter what one eats. Do your best to stay within calories but if you go over, don't kick yourself. Your body may need it for a day or two. Just watch that it doesn't become a habit.
  • Bxqtie116
    Bxqtie116 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    I try not to eat back the calories I burned but if I want a snack then I know I have some room available.
  • kevinanderson520562
    Options
    On a day when you work out hard, if you are hungry it is OK and even recommended to eat back some of those calories. I am like you most days though. You try and avoid eating the extra calories back to lose weight faster but sometimes you are hungry for a reason. Long workouts require your glucose being renewed so a small carbs and protein snack will help you alot with recovery.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Make sure that whenever you eat, you have both carbs and protein. Protein is essential to keep me from feeling hungry. Protein shakes are especially helpful for me. Another go/to that always helps is whole wheat toast or eng muffin and PB. Just be careful on the PB because it has a fair bit of fat and cals.
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    There are some days where I am laying in bed and my body is saying "EAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT!".

I've learnt to tell the difference between when my body is trolling me and I'm not REALLY hungry and when I am running low on fuel and need to 'top it up'. I'd suggest spreading small and filling snacks out throughout your day to curb those nasty pangs - if you can add a bit of protein in there, it'll definitely help too. If you are doing a lot of exercise, your body may be asking for more food. You'd top up a car if it was running low on petrol, wouldn't you? I try to see it in the same sort of way :]

I hope this helps you.
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Before I joined MFP I did this constantly--I kept eating and nothing seemed to "hit the spot", make me satisfied etc., so I'd keep snacking, trying this or that. Disciplining my intake took care of this problem. Watching (accurately counting) calories and making room for a piece of dark chocolate, for instance, becomes heavenly---I really enjoy it, and that's it. You may need alittle more time to adjust. Allow yourself 1 treat a day, or 1 every 2 days and see what happens. Always fit it into your calorie allowance for the day. Don't get discouraged. You have to try new things if something isn't working. Otherwise you risk giving up. Best. B)