Looking for motivation

Options
hey all. I've been trying to eat healthier but I always end up going back to bad food habits (eating late or eating bad) looking for a little help keeping myself motivated and not give up.

Replies

• Bxqtie116
    Bxqtie116 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Are you logging everything you eat everyday? Once you do that, you'll find that you hold yourself accountable.
  • kevinanderson520562
    Options
    The best motivation I have found is finding something that you cannot do right now that you really want to be able to do. Work toward that. I started out barely able to walk and now I teach water aerobics, all because I wanted to play with my nephew instead of just watch him play.
  • briannaholt91
    briannaholt91 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    How much water do you drink a day? I use to get so hungry at night and always eat before bed. Once I took my body weight and divided it by 2 and took that # and drank it in oz of water every single day my cravings and night hungry wasn't there anymore. It really helped me cut back. Ex. Current weight is 120 divide by 2 = 60 so a minimum of 60 oz of water every single day. Totally doable! Hope it helps!
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    WHY do want to eat healthier? That's a question only you can answer. The answer is your motivation. You must WANT IT badly enough to do it.

For me, I remember how awful I felt physically and mentally. If I dont "feel" like eating right or exercising, I remember how I felt before. I don't want to go back there, so I do what I must to keep moving ahead.
  • ntinkham88
    ntinkham88 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I think logging does help. I also started a low carb diet that has helped me tremendously. More fat fills me up longer and satisfies. Haven't had ANY cravings, it's a miracle! I used to binge eat like crazy and have major cravings for everything sweet. :)
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    I'll echo the other posters - Logging makes you aware and once you have that awareness, it'll kind of become second nature to you and you'll naturally make better choices according to your goal. You can do it, I promise you that! :]
  • Dustinsteven22
    Dustinsteven22 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    You got this. It's a matter of sticking to your decision and the environment you are in. If you want to eat clean, but are surrounded by sweets it will be hard. Stick to the 3 keys of fitness: Nutrition, Exercise, and Support. Feel free to add me.
  • jsmestflowers
    jsmestflowers Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Log log log!!! Man it helps keep you focused and on track!
    I also like to watch the biggest loser show, what those folks do is amazing and motivational to me. Honestly one of the shows I watched no one lost, in fact a few gained, just watching them get back to it motivated me!
  • arlshar
    arlshar Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    hey all. I've been trying to eat healthier but I always end up going back to bad food habits (eating late or eating bad) looking for a little help keeping myself motivated and not give up.

Me too, I'm pledging to myself to count and stop eating for recreation tomorrow.
  • dhimaan
    dhimaan Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    Just try to fit it within your calorie limit. No need to punish yourself.