350 to 270 in 6 months mid progress success!!!

Options
My name is Chelsea and I'm 25 years old. I've been obese most of my life and healthy with the exception of obesity. In February 2015 when I went to my Dr. my blood pressure was 162/110 and it absolutely terrified me! It had never been that high and I knew it was because of my weight of 349.... I decided that day to make a change. I joined my fitness pal and I got set up with a nutritionist to help me work through changing habits. One of my best resources is my best friend/love of my life whose lost 70 pounds since starting a few weeks after I started. We've kept each other accountable, and it's brought us incredibly close going through the struggles together. This summer has been a bit Rocky for me because of all the family gatherings camping trips yet I've still managed to lose weight (little slower than before) One of things that motivates me when I'm having a bad day is looking at other peoples success stories and thinking how one day that could be me. So I hope I inspire or motivate someone else to get through a hard or bad day you're struggling with. Feel free to add me :)

Now to the good stuff, the first photo is me graduating nursing program and second photo was last week of me and him. ndc1um1sdnvr.jpg
npm6hwtvw7fq.jpg

Replies

• redsunrisemountain
    Options
    Congratulations! You are doing great!
  • mrron2u
    mrron2u Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    So awesome! I love that you and your special guy can motivate each other! Thanks for the inspiration! I too come out here frequently to see what other people have accomplished to remind me of what is possible with hard work and determination.
  • wendyespurgeon
    wendyespurgeon Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing this, keep up the great work!
  • timetobefreefromfatprison
    Options
    You certainly inspired me!! I am actually looking through success stories now to remind me I can do this
  • neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
    Options
    Amazing! I'm glad things are going so well for you. ^_^
  • Jilllzy
    Jilllzy Posts: 12 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Bravo!!! Can you give us an example of your daily routine & menu?
  • elos18
    elos18 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    You both look great and should be so proud of yourselves :)
  • krazykarenn
    krazykarenn Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Support and accountability help so much. You have accomplished such a lot! Well done
  • nurselroy
    nurselroy Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    You both look great!
    17761776 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    You both should be proud!!!! You have done what we dream of!!!! Any advice?? Gayle Minneapolis
  • Nikeolie
    Nikeolie Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I don't actually follow any diet plan other than I try to work whatever I want to eat into my calories. My advice would be to weigh everything you eat for correct portion and calorie count. Don't give up! 6 months from now you'll be healthier of you keep it up. I generally try to incorporate more healthier foods, lots of fruit, veggies, protein. I do binge unfortunately... I either track what I eat or write 9999 which means I binged. I'm working on this, but I won't give up! So don't expect perfection from looking in my diet, I'm a work in progress. I think that's what stresses people out, trying to be perfect causes a lot of giving up and frustration. One day at a time!
  • rwhyte12
    rwhyte12 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    You are doing a great job. Keep at it!
  • pinkgumdrop123
    pinkgumdrop123 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic!! Very inspirational!
  • sgwhit
    sgwhit Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    You are doing great!
  • gaelicstorm26
    gaelicstorm26 Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Wow!!! You look great!

Congrats on the nursing degree! That's tough stuff right there!
  • deescrafty
    deescrafty Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    You both look great. Good for you both to support each other in getting healthier while you are young.band congratulations on your graduation. You'll be a better nurse and example to your patients!
  • karyabc
    karyabc Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    Both look amazing!
  • justrollme
    justrollme Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing! Congrats on the success so far!
  • 20paws
    20paws Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Super helpful! I'm looking for help to make it past my first blip in motivation... And you helped. Now onto day 19.
  • FitRoberta
    FitRoberta Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Oh wow, great job! I bet your blood pressure has improved a lot! Way to go!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!