Lowest calorie kind of takeaway for a cheat meal?

Options
what is the lowest calorie kind of takeaway people would recommend for a cheat meal. I had a dominoes personal sized pizza the other week so I knew the exact calories, but what are people's thoughts on others? ;)

Replies

• AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    First off, takeaway, or takeout, doesn't have to be a "cheat" meal. If you incorporate it into you calorie goal, and macronutrient goals for the day, it's simply just a meal, not a cheat meal.

To answer your actual question, I find subway to be relatively low calorie choice.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    i dont have cheat meals and eat out ALLLLLL the time.

eat what you like, and make it fit.
  • IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    So many cheat meal/day threads.. so little time.

IIFYM; hit your micros and macros while enjoying the foods you love.

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    I don't do "cheating". I eat what I want and if on occasion, I happen to go over, I log it and move on.
  • Drycka
    Drycka Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Child size portion works for me. I satisfy my craving, have a cheat meal and go back to my normal self the next morning.
  • selmafeki
    selmafeki Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Have a meal with a lot of protein in it, the protein will keep you fuller for longer. Stay away from puddings.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    Another cheat meal thread? Don't cheat. Don't think of it as cheating. It implies you're doing something "bad" or "wrong." Eat what you want as long as it fits into your goals.

The lowest calorie takeaways are going to be something cooked without a lot of fats that's mostly vegetables. Chinese, probably. Or a salad.
  • melodicraven
    melodicraven Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I like egg drop soup. It hits the spot. And stir fried mushrooms and snow peas. Mmm.
  • barryplumber
    barryplumber Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Take chat meal or of your vocabulary it's a road to desaster. They become habit next thing your not losing and wondering why. Just saying
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    American Chinese is NOT low calorie, low fat. The best choice for Chinese is a soup like War Won Ton.

I can think of some fast food choices that are lower calorie like Wraps and Subs but for the life of me I can't think of any takeout that is lower calorie.

I'd rather buy a TV dinner and keep it in the freezer for those lazy evenings. There's Skillet Sensations, Michelina's, Lean Cuisine.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Another option is to stop at a deli and pick up a boxed salad and a roast chicken.
  • dljones67
    dljones67 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    When I want to make room for something I don't normally have I'll eat cottage cheese with tomatoes, egg white omelette with lots of vegetables, unsalted almonds, yogurt, protein (meat) in lettuce wraps then I ate healthy & can eat or drink in most cases :p what I want & still be within my daily goal Enjoy
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    If you like Chinese, some places do a "diet menu" where you just order the steamed protein and veggies, and get the sauce on the side.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    kgeyser wrote: »
    If you like Chinese, some places do a "diet menu" where you just order the steamed protein and veggies, and get the sauce on the side.

I was going to suggest this too. It's my easiest on the go meal or non-cooking meal.
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    I love General Tsos chicken and make room in my life for that fairly often. I just eat half of the meal and box the rest for the next day's lunch. I had pizza for lunch on Tuesday and made my 800 calorie lunch fit into my day. Tomorrow I am having a gyro and some ice cream in a waffle cone for dinner.

There are no cheat meals. Just good food that enjoy, fit in where I have the calories for it. When I want something high calorie I plan ahead and make room for it and enjoy it without guilt.