I need help with Calories and Protein!

Options
jimenez4
jimenez4 Posts: 14 Member
I just started MFP a week ago exactly and Im having problems with my calorie intake and protein. I seem to always be under my calorie goal by 100-600 roughly and my protein seems to always be high. Anyone have any suggestions on foods and snacks that have low protein and foods that will help my calories. Thanks everyone ahead of time!!

Replies

• katihamlin
    katihamlin Posts: 41
    Options
    You cannot have enough protein. Your body needs protein to build muscles. There are no "low-protein" snacks. Striving to meet your calorie goal you should look out for sodium, saturated fat and carbs. Protein is good for you.
  • Heatherbelle_87
    Heatherbelle_87 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    Whats your caloric intake level set at? Your protein level with MFP? and are you trying to build muscle as you lose (which is advidable)? Are you male or female?

We need alot more info to offer alot of advice on this
  • Uk_Yogini
    Uk_Yogini Posts: 167
    Options
    Hi there. If you open up your diary I will take a look and see what I can suggest for you :)
  • jimenez4
    Options
    My calorie intake is 1290 and my protein is 48. Im a ffemale and im trying to loose weight and build some some. Thanks
  • makena78
    makena78 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    My calorie goal is around 1331 and I always go over my protein. I drink a Shakeology meal that has protein and I also add a bit of whey protein to that as well. As long as your working out and doing strength training then your body needs the protein. If you take in too much, your body will just get rid of it. On the other hand if your not doing your fitness as much then you should cut back a little. But, really try hard to get those calories up. Don't go under 1200.
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    48 grams of protein isn't high enough so for what you are getting over in protein is ok. As far as calories you can add nuts, peanut butter, cook with extra virgin olive oil, eat yogurt....those are just some quick ways to get in extra calories without feeling stuffed.
  • Uk_Yogini
    Uk_Yogini Posts: 167
    Options
    I wouldn't worry about your protein intake, you are only slightly over and you need protein, but girl you need to add some green to your diet. veggies/ salad that sort of thing :)
  • jimenez4
    Options
    I wouldn't worry about your protein intake, you are only slightly over and you need protein, but girl you need to add some green to your diet. veggies/ salad that sort of thing :)

LoL i know i got to add some greens but im not a very big fan or vegetables. So i have to see what i have to do :)
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options

LoL i know i got to add some greens but im not a very big fan or vegetables. So i have to see what i have to do :)

Make a stirfry with veggies, your fav meat and seasonings. If you eat a sandwich through some baby spinach & tomato on it. These were the two ways I had to wean myself into veggies as well. Wasn't a big fan growing up because I was force to eat them, but now I can stomach them a little better if I dress them up lol