Need to go to a slimming group

Options
i've gained more than 1/2 stone over the school holidays, can't get motivated to do calorie counting on my own, I'm wondering about going back to slimming world, I need the decaplin of someone weighing me etc... I really wanted to do this on my own but I've failed :-(

Replies

• IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    It seems to me you have a lack of commitment?

• suenewberry81
    suenewberry81 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Lack of something, if I don't do something soon I'll pile on more weight!
  • IsaackGMOON
    Options
    Lack of something, if I don't do something soon I'll pile on more weight!

Lack of commitment.

You either do it, or you don't. Those who are committed to lose weight, tend to do it and then maintain and pursue other fitness goals they want and get them done too...

OP if you're not actually motivated enough, you might lose the weight, and then regain it - like you've already done?

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    When it's important enough, you'll do it.
  • suenewberry81
    Options
    My heart is really motivated but my head isn't :-(
  • Liftng4Lis
    Options
    My heart is really motivated but my head isn't :-(

How much have you lost all together? (in pounds)
  • suenewberry81
    Options
    I lost 48lbs with slimming world and over the last almost 2 yrs I've gain half back so it's only around 23lbs I've lost :-(
    My knees hurt my back hurts, I have almost 3 black bags of clothes I'm to big for, so all that should be motivation for me to lose the weight!!
  • IsaackGMOON
    Options
    I lost 48lbs with slimming world and over the last almost 2 yrs I've gain half back so it's only around 23lbs I've lost :-(
    My knees hurt my back hurts, I have almost 3 black bags of clothes I'm to big for, so all that should be motivation for me to lose the weight!!

Go get it done.

You got this!
  • suenewberry81
    Options
    Tomorrow is a new day and fresh start! I am going to do this!! I need to do this!! Thanks guys xx
  • Liftng4Lis
    Options

Okay. Go to the store and grab a 25 pound bag of cat litter. Stuff that in your pants and walk up and down each isle of the grocery. When you get to the door, I bet your motivation will be waiting for you.
  • Zedeff
    Zedeff Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I think that the problem is, in part, because you have the wrong goal. Your goal seems to be to lose weight. There are lots of healthy and unhealthy ways to do that.

You REAL goal should be to meet your nutritional target every day. Plug you data into MFP, look at the goals it gives you, and each day try to meet those targets.

The difference is that weight loss is slow. If you goal is to lose weight, "success" might take you 5, 10, 20 weeks or longer. Meeting a daily goal is fast - you'll know today if you achieved the goal or not.

Meet your daily goal over and over and the weight loss will follow.
  • LeahEstevez4
    LeahEstevez4 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    If you dont want it bad enough to actually do it.. dont.. because you wont stay committed - i was like you, then one day it clicked, looking good feels better than chocolate tastes
  • suenewberry81
    Options
    Thank you for your help, I've woken up feeling a little more motivated than I was yesterday, I'm going to take one day at a time, great idea of setting my self daily goals rather than I want to lose 24lbs, because your right that goal is about 4-6 months away xx
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    If you feel a slimming club will help you, by all means join :]
    I think your problem here is committing to your plan, so simply 'going it alone' on MFP without that 'face-to-face group' setting may not necessarily work for you. You need to ask yourself just how important your goal is to you. Is it simply a case of "I SHOULD really lose weight but....." or "I SHOULD lose this weight". For me, I was overweight because I'd over-eaten and I needed to sort it out, so I did. Quitting wasn't an option, not for me, not for my health.

Wishing you the best of luck.