Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Help and tips?

KristynLezoche
KristynLezoche Posts: 6 Member
edited September 2015 in Introduce Yourself
Hello! This will be my second day using this app, yesterday went well. I have used weight watchers for years and have constantly been up and down with my weight. I'm trying this app out to try something different. With weight watchers, I always felt hungry, always. As I was successful on the program by being down 70 pounds, I recently gained 33 back. I would greatly appreciate any tips and pointers on how you are most successful during your weight loss journey with this app! ☺️

Replies

• PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Hi :]

I was on WW for 4 months and I did lose weight but I found it far too restrictive. After delving a little deeper with my person trainer, we found out I was only eating 1100 calories per day on Weight Watchers and that was why I was binge eating and feeling so utterly miserable. MFP has really taught me how to do this properly and I don't feel like I'm missing out on certain foods, I can eat whatever I want as long as I'm sticking to that deficit.

Best of luck!
  • KristynLezoche
    edited September 2015
    I have been going through this binge eating period and have been finding myself getting very frustrated. I feel so much better that you mentioned that because even though I lost weight, I'm starting to feel as though WW is not the way to go. Thanks so much for you advice!
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    In my honest opinion (and my trainers) - WW will certainly help you lose weight but it doesn't encourage long-term sustainable plans like a simple calorie count does. Each time I've followed WW, I've lost weight but been miserable. The deficit we are eating at on WW is too large for me. I've gone from eating around 1100 on WW and losing 2lbs per week to eating a fulfilling 1500 per day and I'm still losing weight (Maybe at a slower rate of 0.5 - 1lb per week). I'd have no problem keeping this way of eating up for life - this is the point!

Stick to MFP, I'm sure you'll find it a lot more beneficial! Good luck :]
  • KristynLezoche
    That's exactly what I need, a life time plan! Thanks again for your advice and support! :)
  • robintamara
    robintamara Posts: 14 Member
    Hey Krystyn! I just started working with a personal trainer and I've already learned SO much. I super recommend it even for just a couple sessions, but even with just MyFitnessPal, you can learn so much. The first thing, is get a food scale!! They're super cheap and totally worth it. Try measuring everything for a week. The reason I got a personal trainer is that she is super experienced and can do all these exercise physiology math equations to figure out my ideal calorie intake. (There's so much science behind it...) but basically based on your goals and everything else, they can figure this precise number that will help you achieve your goals. And I discovered that I have totally been UNDEREATING. So then when I was hungry all the time, I would eat junk food and binge eat and stress eat. My body was literally under stress because I wasn't eating enough (healthy, nutrient dense) food. My trainer was also explaining that I need to eat MORE calories and work out to be able to lose weight. When we don't eat enough our body holds on to our fat for dear life. Anyway I could go on and on, but MyFitnessPal can be a great tool !!
  • vivekmtech08
    vivekmtech08 Posts: 1 Member
    Hi