Bruise after exercising?

Options
I did 10 minutes on my elliptical and about 10 minutes after i noticed a big bruise on my left calf. It hurts quite a bit when i touch it and slightly painful when i walk. Is this a common thing? Im new to exercise lol.

Replies

• alifer
    alifer Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Bruising after doing any type of cardio exercise is NOT normal. Probably should check with a doctor.
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Did you bang it? Are you on blood thinners or aspirine? If it still bothers you later I would call the Doctor. Brusing without any reason is not normal.
  • fitmom4ever
    fitmom4ever Posts: 130
    Options
    I don't know if it's common or not, but I have had it happen to me before. But I have always bruised very easily and so just chalked it up to yet another bruise that I can't explain. I would love to know if there is an explanation for this though.
  • dimplz1965
    dimplz1965 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I would suggest putting some ice on it and heading to the doctor/urgent care. If you don't remember banging it, maybe you popped a blood vessel, but be safe and have it checked out, please.
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    I also checked on webMD and if you have other medical issues it could be a blood clot. I don't want to worry you but you really should go to the ER if you did not bang it.