Back On Track!

Options
alexavril
alexavril Posts: 4 Member
edited September 2015 in Introduce Yourself
Hello MyFitnessPal people!

I'm back after a couple months hiatus since getting off track during a family vacation this past July, and having trouble getting motivated to start over! I had lost some weight, but now I'm fat again! I've been really depressed about my plus sized shopping options and health forecast for a couple of years now -- but after having two babies and being a little hypothyroid, it's pretty hard for me to lose weight. It used to be so easy! I know tracking works, and exercise really helps - so getting started tomorrow with doing both again. It's the little things that crop up and throw my schedule/plans off that I find really hard to recover from. A family vacation, a kid being sick and preventing me from going to the gym, a couple meals out in a row -- and suddenly I'm off plan and having trouble getting back on. I'm going to use these community pages from now on when I'm feeling dodgy, and hope the success stories can work their magic on my motivation/reward brain region (thats a thing, right?).

Btw: I'm 5'10" and "big-boned." No, for real, I've got big, giant bones. And I'm female.

Thanks for listening! Any comments/queries are welcome.

Alex

Replies

• PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Hi Alex :]

Welcome back! First of all, no one is going to blame you for being a normal human being and fluctuating weight-wise throughout the year. Life happens and our body reacts accordingly. I think you need to remind yourself that despite events taking place such as holidays and sickness stopping you from getting to the gym - that doesn't automatically mean you have gone off track and should quit. This isn't the case at all.

There are times when family events and holidays mean I can't get to the gym or track as accurately as I like but like hell am I going to call it quits just because a few situations arose preventing me from being absolute 'perfection' in the weight loss department. Just go with it and continue making healthy decisions. Take the pressure off too - that won't help you.

You can and will succeed. You'll need to dig deep and find your backbone to continue despite 'situations' and have a little faith in yourself too - you can do it but you need to make this realistic. No deprivation and no burning out, you're more likely to throw the towel in if it's too challenging. Baby steps - one pound at a time. Best of luck.

• alexavril
    alexavril Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Yeah I totally feel ya on that, but I have this problem where it take me forever to loose a couple pounds, and then one family vacation or illness to gain it all back! Really frustrating and makes me feel like I'll never reach my goal! I know I just need to jump back in there after a setback, but I get discouraged because it feels like all the hard work is for nothing!