AM Workouts

Options
Hey!

I work 8-5 Monday through Friday and can't seem to find time after work to workout but I am NOT a morning person. I keep trying the AM workouts, but can't seem to keep up on it. Any suggestions?

Replies

• o2blori
    o2blori Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I work 7-5 everyday. It was 6 days a week. I just found that I HAVE to work out right when I get home. I do Turbo Jam. It takes 30-45 minutes to do and it's done.
  • DG82
    DG82 Posts: 105
    Options
    Bump.... I need help on being a morning person myself it would be nice to fit in some exercise time early in the day!
  • Galathea
    Galathea Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    I work 9-6 and I'm definitely not a morning person. So I work out, when I come home.
    I have dinner, watch the Simpson and then one hour workout ... zumba or any other DVD that gives me a good sweat. The longer I wait with starting the workouts, the higher is the chance I don't do it at all.
    Sometimes (when I'm in the mood) I have a short 20 min workout in the mornings, AB training or something like this. But it's not really easy to me, although I usually have more energy on such days and feel great. But I love my bed too much to do it every day :(
  • drhdbowen
    Options
    I work from 9-6 M-F and it is hard finding the time to workout in the evenings. Especially with kids and their school and activities. I understand about not being a morning person. But when I found a workout partner to go with in the mornings it was easier. Once the commitment was made to someone that you would do it, it made it alot easier. I have noticed that I feel better throughout the day as well. Good luck.
  • mfm143
    mfm143 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I work from 8-3 and have been waking up for the last week - since retiring to work from summer vaca @ 5:30 - while it's getting easier to wake up - at mid morning I start getting bad headaches and usually am wiped out in bed by 830pm- I too worried about it getting a workout in after work because I have young kids I can't see it happening unless it's in the AM - any suggestions ?
  • fannyfrost
    fannyfrost Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    I am not a morning and never will be. I can do morning workouts sometimes, but they can't be too early. The earliest I do is 6am and its really hard. Even sleeping later I hit snooze over and over. I will even sleep right through the alarm at times.

So mostly I do evening workouts and the trick is if you go to the gym, then just go straight to the gym.

the other trick to finding time to workout, no matter when it is, make it a priority. Plan it, schedule and it make it an appointment you can't break (there will be days of course, but generally). I do also find that once you find your routine it is easier to stick with.
  • Nuke_64
    Nuke_64 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Make working out the first thing you do after work. Go directly to the gym (or wherever), do not pass go, do not collect $200 (or kids from daycare).

8-5 is 9hrs. Do you have an 1 hr lunch? Do you have to take the whole 1hr? Could you work out then and eat at your desk later?
  • dollarbill181
    dollarbill181 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I work M-F 7-4pm.

I'm at the gym every morning 4am before work, and go again straight after work to fit in some cardio . It's hard getting up, but a preworkout drink beforehand definitely helps me through the workout. Honestly the hardest part is just walking out the door, once I'm there I'm pumped. Words can't describe how much better you feel after the workout throughout the day.