Am i backtracking? What am I doing wrong?

Options
I HAVE BEEN WATCHING WHAT I EAT SINCE FEBUARY NOT COUNTING CALORIES JUST TRYING TO EAT WHAT I THOUGHT WAS HEALTHIER..... THEN I FOUND THIS SITE AND APP FOR MY PHONE......I WAS THRILLED I DROPPED FIVE POUNDS IN LIKE 2 WEEKS I STARTED AT 118 IN FEBUARY, TOO MUCH FOR MY 5 FOOT FRAME....I WAS 111 WHEN I STARTED MFP.....I DROPPED THE FIVE POUNDS BUT OVER THE COURSE OF THE PAST 3 DAYS SOME HOW I HAVE WORKED ALL THE WAY BACK UP TO 110!!!! I WANT TO BLAME MY MENSTRAL CYCLE BUT I DUNNO I HAVE BEEN AT OR UNDER MY 1100 CALORIE GOAL EVERY DAY. ONE DAY I WAS OVER BY LIKE 5 CALORIES BY THE TIME I WENT BACK TO BED. I HAVENT BEEN DOING ANYTHING DIFFERENT REALLY....I AM FRUSTRATED... FEEL FREE TO TAKE A LOOK AT MY DIARY AND SEE IF YOU CAN FIGURE OUT SOMETHING I CAN DO OR HAVE DONE THAT MIGHT BE CAUSING THIS? UGH....

IM OFF TO THE LAKE TOMARROW W MY FAMILY HOPEFULLY SWIMMING AND JET SKI AND TUBEING WILL HELP ME WORK OFF WHATEVER THIS IS....

HELP?

SUGGESTIONS??

THANKS!!

Replies

• HilarieXcore
    HilarieXcore Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    1100 is still pretty low.
    Try hitting 1200 every day.
    & make sure you're getting enough water.

PMS also brings lots of weight fluctuation so don't freak out.

& what twerps said..
    Are your macros (carbs/fat/protein) at a low enough level?
    I think mine are at 40/30/30

ALSO:
    and this is SUPER important.
    ONLY WEIGH-IN ONCE A WEEK.
    Your weight fluctuates several times a day.
    If you just do it once a week it week be much less stressful.
  • laursey
    laursey Posts: 307
    Options
    Hi! What about ramping up your exercise? 30 minutes a day 5 or 6 days a week?
    6143704.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • twerps4jesusjo
    twerps4jesusjo Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    You may want to try eating more protien and less carbs and sugar. I have found that if I hit a plateau, cutting down on carbs and sugars can help a lot.
  • Eugene174
    Eugene174 Posts: 4
    Options
    You could be to low on calories and actually putting your body into starvation mode. "BRE" program the one I used to lose 100lbs states that a female should never go below 1200 calories. The other thing is the types of foods, sugars and sodium are loaded in some foods and if you eat clean calorie food you will see amazing results.
  • pixiechick8321
    pixiechick8321 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    As mentioned, 1100 is too low - your body is going into hording mode. Try going up to 1200 and also adding in exercise mixes (ie, cardio one day, strength another, hiking or some activity for third day - at least 45min-1hour each time). Additionally, if you have been working out, muscle weighs more than fat so you might gain weight as you get healthier, but your body should be healthier and in better shape.

Finally, never try to "Crash diet" - if you are taking a trip, keep eating in a healthy way, your body will respond well but if you try to force it to do something then it will freak out. (and ps, you are already in a healthy weight range for your height, don't try to force anything)
  • kell_riley
    kell_riley Posts: 312
    Options
    I agree 1200 is the lowest you should ever eat! Also yes your period will definatly make you hold onto water which then makes it look like you've put weight on. It is definatly not fat it's water retention! Also like someone else said your weight naturally fuctuates throughout the day/week, this is why you should only weight once a week at the same time of day.
    I'm a devil for the scales I'm on them all the time but I only really pay attention to the number on my weigh in day!
    Have a lovely day!
  • DropsOJupiter
    Options
    Hi there! I was able to look through a couple of days of your food diary. I noticed that you are eating well below 1200 calories (one day less than 700) and most of those calories are processed foods that were high in carbs and sodium. Try upping your calories ... hard concept for me to grasp to up calories in order to decrease weight...and to cut back on the processed foods. Not sure about your water intake, but assessing that always helps me trouble shoot. Have a great lake trip!
  • spitfire423
    Options
    Hi there! I was able to look through a couple of days of your food diary. I noticed that you are eating well below 1200 calories (one day less than 700) and most of those calories are processed foods that were high in carbs and sodium. Try upping your calories ... hard concept for me to grasp to up calories in order to decrease weight...and to cut back on the processed foods. Not sure about your water intake, but assessing that always helps me trouble shoot. Have a great lake trip!

HI THERE, THANK YOU, I HAVE FIVE KIDS UNDER THE AGE OF 10 AND A HUSBAND THAT IS NOT DIETING WHAT SO EVER, SO EVENINGS I HAVE TO EAT WHAT I CAN WHEN I CAN, MY "BEFORE" DIET WAS NINTY PERCENT CARBS AND THE OTHER 20 PERCENT (LOL) WAS CHOCOLATE N SWEETS, AND GREASY FAST FOOD.....I HAVE TAKEN TO EATING FRUITS N VEGGIES FOR BRECKFAST N LUNCH PRETTY MUCH AT WORK, MY DOCTOR TOLD ME THAT I WAS SAFE TO GOAL FOR 1100 BC OF MY HEIGHT AND WEIGHT BUT YOUR PROBABLY RIGHT ABOUT GOING WAY UNDER I DONT THINK I MENT TO BE THAT FAR UNDER.... THE LAST COUPLE OF DAYS WERE SORT OF CHEAT DAYS BC FRIDAY NIGHT WE WERE AT MY IN LAWS CAMP FIRE HINCE THE HOT DOGS N MARSH MALLOWS. MY GOAL WAS NOT TO DROP MUCH WEIGHT PER SEY MY ONLY GOAL WAS 105-103 GET RID OF THE BABY POUCH SINCE MY YOUNGEST IS 3...... THE ONLY THING THAT DISAPEARS IS MY BOOBS HAHAHA..... IM NATURALLY PETITE MOSTLY HIPS N BUTT HAHA.

I DONT HAVE MUCH TIME TO EXERCISE SINCE I CANT LEAVE THE HOUSE IN THE EVENINGS I HIT THE TREADMILL SOMETIMES.

THANKS FOR EVERYONES INPUT, I BLAME MY SCALES TOO BC I JUST GOT A NEW ONE THAT DOES BODY FAT AND WATER AND EVERYTHING EVEN THOUGH I HAVE NO CLUE WHAT MY GOAL SHOULD BE FOR ANY OF THESE NUMBERS.... MY OLD SCALE WAS WAY OFF I DO NEED TO UP MY WATER INTAKE BUT EVEN WITH SIX GLASSES A DAY IM RUNNING TO THE BATHROOM EVERY TWENTY MIN,..
  • laursey
    laursey Posts: 307
    Options
    Check out Jillian Michael's 30 day shred. It's a 20-minute workout that you can do at home with 3 or 5 pound weights. If you don't have those, use soup cans. It's incredible, and the muscle tone that comes along with it is awesome! I have kids too and exercise is a challenge, but once the kids are in bed, I can either get in 20 minutes and strive for 40 minutes of the shred. Then I input it under circuit training general.
    Good Luck!

6143704.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    You're already at a pretty low weight for your height- why are you trying to lose more?
  • spitfire423
    Options
    You're already at a pretty low weight for your height- why are you trying to lose more?

im not trying to lose a lot i just want to slim down the hips n bottom and slim down the baby pouch a tad...five eight pounds im good...i dont wanna be skin and bones just back to where i was...
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    OK in that case your goal is shape, rather than weight.

Throw away the scale, use the tape measure or fit of clothes instead, and have a look at the following thread:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/211420-relatively-light-people-trying-to-get-leaner

Your nutrition needs to be excellent, and you could try incorporating more strength training in your workouts. Good luck!