Calorie Question

Options
Mveler
Mveler Posts: 274 Member
Ok so I KNOW I am going to be having pizza tonight. I plan to limit myself of course and add a salad but I am So afraid of calories that I only have allowed myself a banana so far today. I am Starving! What empty calorie foods can I eat?

Replies

• caitlinclock
    caitlinclock Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Why not plan out how many pieces you are going to have beforehand and log it now? That way you know how much you will have left for the rest of your day and you can plan accordingly? :)
  • sunshinesher01
    sunshinesher01 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Salad is very low cal and you can eat a lot of it.
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    green salad foods like cucumbers, lettuce and celery. when you have the pizza take a napkin to soak up the fat puddling around the pepperoni and cheese. also not eating the crust is always good. healthy topping opens are good too.
  • Xaspar
    Xaspar Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Um I have found that a large (1 or 2 cup serving) of green bean sauteed in garlic will help me stave of hunger for a bit. and they are relatively low in calories
  • Xaspar
    Xaspar Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Um I have found that a large (1 or 2 cup serving) of green bean sauteed in garlic will help me stave of hunger for a bit. and they are relatively low in calories
  • tezarozaboza
    tezarozaboza Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I tend to munch on carrots or celery when I'm needing a low cal fix, also a ice pole or sugar free chewing gum does the trick too.

Terri xx
  • mom23nuts
    mom23nuts Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    you should have a regula balanced day and not just hold back with nothing to go on but a banana until pizza time

maybe eat some protein or a high protein yogurt and a shake

you do yourself more harm with waiting it out and will definitely go nuts on the pizza when that time arrives vs staying balanced in your metabolism and your blood sugar by eating smalln meals until pizza time.
  • tezarozaboza
    tezarozaboza Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Just a side note, its always best to make you're own pizza, you usually can cut half the calories of a bought one.

Terri xx
  • emmap123b
    emmap123b Posts: 17
    Options
    treat ur self and dont worry i work my butt off all week and eat healthy when it comes to a weekend i allow my self that treat lifes boring other wise enjoy xx
  • Mveler
    Options
    Why not plan out how many pieces you are going to have beforehand and log it now? That way you know how much you will have left for the rest of your day and you can plan accordingly? :)

Oh good idea!
  • Moonbeamlissie
    Moonbeamlissie Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    cabbage is a good one to eat. From what I hear it takes more energy to chew it and swallow it than what it contains.
  • webbed1
    webbed1 Posts: 86
    Options

This is an EXCELLENT technique. I used this when I had pizza the other evening. It also caused me to look at the rest of the day and what protein needs I still needed and I realized I could only have 3 slices, not the 5 I really wanted.
  • Mveler
    Options
    you should have a regula balanced day and not just hold back with nothing to go on but a banana until pizza time

maybe eat some protein or a high protein yogurt and a shake

you do yourself more harm with waiting it out and will definitely go nuts on the pizza when that time arrives vs staying balanced in your metabolism and your blood sugar by eating smalln meals until pizza time.

Thanks will find something like that in there
  • Mveler
    Options

This is an EXCELLENT technique. I used this when I had pizza the other evening. It also caused me to look at the rest of the day and what protein needs I still needed and I realized I could only have 3 slices, not the 5 I really wanted.

:) I will do that. I never eat five:) My max is usually 3 tops. I eat a lot... just small amounts .

My problem is always snacking
  • webbed1
    webbed1 Posts: 86
    Options
    Here is the other thing. And I am going to be firm about it. From a total health perspective, are you really planning on eating that much pizza tonight that you can't eat anything else all today? This does not sound sensical. Eat pizza, but plan better. Even on a 1000 calorie day you should be able to eat 3 meat lover slices and still have 400-500 calories left. My thought: go back to the drawing board. This isn't a long term solution. The insulin spike you'll create after you fast all day and then eat a high glycemic load will not be favorable to your goals. Find out how many calories you have left. Log several different amounts of pizza until yu come up with the number of slices that allow you to at least get 400 cals throughout the day, make sure they are mostly protein and good fats (no saturated fat, you'll get plenty tonight along with those high glycemic carbs).

Follow this, you can do it!
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Plan to have 1 slice and a large salad. If you plan your day by starving yourself you will eat even more pizza. Eat healthy ( Salad with some tuna or chicken) if not you are going to go crazy at dinner and eat more then you should.
    and drink a lot of water, to clean out all that salt.
  • Perfectlycrooked
    Perfectlycrooked Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Don't eat empty calories, eat filling healthy calories. You never want empty ones :P That's just eating to eat.

You could have 2 cups shredded zucchini sauteed with 1/4 cup hunts tomato sauce and some feta. It'll come out to be around 75-85 calories, very filling, and will prevent you from binging on pizza because you wont be starving(: Give your body what it needs.
  • thibautseeker
    thibautseeker Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I nearly always plan my meals and enter them so if I'm going to go over I have 2 options - change some of the foods to keep me within my guide or do some more exercise to give me the extra calories I need.

I agree with the others about not eating all day!
  • weeze_h
    weeze_h Posts: 72
    Options
    Hi how about porrage? I use Quakers Oat so Simple as it's already measured, I use semi skimmed milk and its around 200 cal you could make with skimmed milk or water for even less cals. I don't know if that is more calories than you were thinking but it will fill you up and save you thinking what else you could eat?

I'm in the same boat today I'm eating dinner in 2-3hours and im hungry but ive just had a banana, some sultanas and a yoghurt which is about 320 cals and i still feel hungry! wish i'd had something as filling as porrage!
  • Aileen46
    Aileen46 Posts: 176 Member
    Options

That's what I do everyday. I try to figure out what we are going to have for dinner before lunch so that I can balance out the rest of the day. It works quite nicely!!

Also, eat the salad before the pizza so that you're more full. And have water as well. You'll still get to enjoy the pizza but also be satified better if you have the healthy stuff first! :)