In a slump

Options
I know what to do, I know how to do it, but lately being overwhelmed at work my stress levels are high. I start out the day with good intentions but I've been blowing it lately. What are others doing in this situation? I'd like to hear how other deal with stressful days!

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    I know what to do, I know how to do it, but lately being overwhelmed at work my stress levels are high. I start out the day with good intentions but I've been blowing it lately. What are others doing in this situation? I'd like to hear how other deal with stressful days!

Start again tomorrow. Keep on keep on logging :)
  • txcraftr
    txcraftr Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Taking a walk relieves stress and burns calories too. Try to relieve some of the stress and the rest will follow.
  • GrnEyes839
    GrnEyes839 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I find my ability to concentrate is greater when I get my butt out of bed and work out first thing. I am less likely to fall off during the day. All of the hard work started paying off and it's worth it.
  • sstermole
    sstermole Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    It may sound Kooky, but honestly I try to just close my eyes and breathe for a few minutes. I don't consider it really "meditation" but more just calming down. And I agree - exercise is a great stress reliever! Most importantly, though, don't get down on yourself. That's only going to stress you out even more.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    Stress can definitely mess with a weight loss plan. Not only can it cause overeating but heightened cortisol levels are also an issue. Going for a run is good for my stress levels. You might try getting in some exercise first thing in the morning, before work. Not only does it help with the stress level, even if you end up eating more that day you'll have a bit of a calorie cushion.
  • drywall_painter
    drywall_painter Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the tips folks, I'm gonna keep fightin', I have no choice!
  • Marinemomm
    Marinemomm Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Good luck.. And hang in there!!!!
  • goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
    Options
    Were it me, I would practice maintenance for a while. Keep logging and eating healthy and exercising but up my calories. When the stress hits I want to be at my best. This is in no way failing. This is recognizing the situation at hand and responding appropriately. If the weekends are less stressful cut your calories then. Good luck!
  • drywall_painter
    drywall_painter Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I go to the gym before work 4 days a week, I have recently scaled back to a moderate work out and added 20 minutes on the elliptical. I was up to 2 miles running on the treadmill back in may until I tripped and fell down 1/2 a flight of stairs and messed up my ankle. Work has been stressful, I'm a maintenance man at an apartment complex and we've had more than the usual number of move outs this year, so, the pressure has been high ! I have been looking for articles on stress reduction, I feel like I act like a bit of a jerk when I'm stressing out at work and I don't wanna be seen as a jerk! I shall press on til I get it right !!!