Dealing with diet sabotagers at work?

Options
2»

Replies

• Havefaith163233
    Options
    I love this comment! Hahahaha

As an aside, biscuits and queso? Yikes. I thought everyone knew biscuits are to be topped with gravy, and queso is to adorn tortilla chips (or flour tortillas, but only with chorizo as well). Can you imagine chips and sausage gravy? ewwwwwwww!
  • Havefaith163233
    Options
    Thanks everyone! This conversation has changed my attitude for the better!!
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    I try to bring humor to the situation. When someone on my team went on a diet recently and had an upcoming birthday I told everyone I would bring in my uncle's carrot cake (he's a remarkable chef). I did bring in a carrot cake for everyone else, but found a recipe for a carrot/hummus and shaped it into a slice of cake for my dieting colleague. She's a hummus junkie and it was delicious!
  • dubird
    dubird Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    CSARdiver wrote: »
    I try to bring humor to the situation. When someone on my team went on a diet recently and had an upcoming birthday I told everyone I would bring in my uncle's carrot cake (he's a remarkable chef). I did bring in a carrot cake for everyone else, but found a recipe for a carrot/hummus and shaped it into a slice of cake for my dieting colleague. She's a hummus junkie and it was delicious!

If you're going that route, you need to do this:
    RevFullAsp.jpg

http://sweetapolita.com/2012/01/how-to-make-an-asparagus-cake-a-tutorial/
  • mhollencamp102012
    mhollencamp102012 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I used to think people sabotaged my weight loss as well...then I realized..I am in control of me...and what I eat.. I am the ONLY one who can sabotage my weight loss...so she is negative and brings "bad" food to work....play her game...bring healthy food to work to share...a fruit tray or vegi tray...assorted meats . ..I bet more people would jump on the health wagon if the good food was available. Be an insperation and a leader to the others maybe they will jump on board...maybe not ..but the only one who can sabotage you...is you
  • pinkys008
    pinkys008 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    You are getting good practice at a great skill that will help you lose and maintain for the rest of your life. Are you ready for this?

Repeat after me: "No, thank you" and smile because you politely said what you meant and stuck to it.

Eventually, yeah, people that like to share treats won't come your way. Now - you can't have it both ways! Don't get mad at people for not offering, once they start learning your new food preferences!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I'm responsible for my nutrition and my fitness...people bring in stuff to work all of the time...if i feel like it, i'll have something...otherwise, i won't. i am in control...there is no such thing as a diet saboteur...own it, it's all you.