life style change and exercise works!!

Options
raymax4
raymax4 Posts: 6,070 Member
On July 1 my doctor said that my labs were a huge concern
A1c was 6.4 which meant my average blood sugar was 130 (one point away from being a diabetic)
Triglycerides were156 norm was <150
Cholesterol was 248 norm 125-200
HDL 51 norm >46
LDL 166 norm <130
Ratio 4.9 norm<5

With these labs I was headed for some serious long-term morbidity. And high chance of a heart attacks in the future if I continued down this path. He had prescribed metformin but some how there was a mix-up between his pharmacy and his office and when I called his office they stated that it was not ordered.

He explained that I could change this with changes in my diet and exercise.
When I complained my legs hurt all the time his answer was, “You don’t have to do a lot just start moving some. Then add exercises as you can.

After a search of food diaries on July 4 I started with MFP I started with an average of 6621 steps a day felt exhausted and slept a lot. Last week my average was 10442

I started just logging what I ate making sure it was under my calorie goals but making sure I ate my protein goals. I continued to eat what I wanted. I have not been hungry or did I feel deprived. On average my splits were 40% carb 30%protein, and 30% fat

Today Sept. 11 at my follow up visit my doctor came into my room almost giddy and said, “You are batting 1000”

A1c 5.5
Triglycerides 81
Cholesterol 189
HDL 54
LDL 119
Ratio 3.5

And 31 lbs lost
I was able to where a pair of shorts and shirt that I have not worn for several years.

Life style change and exercise works!

Replies

• dawnmcneil10
    dawnmcneil10 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • cmteach4
    cmteach4 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Those health issue changes are spectacular! I know your legs must feel better too! Keep it up and enjoy a long healthy and happy life!
  • panchango
    panchango Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Great job. Keep heading in the right direction.
  • believeinme0430
    believeinme0430 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! Keep up the great work :)
  • AshuhleeMarie
    AshuhleeMarie Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    These are my favorite posts regarding weight loss. Knowing you've not only changed your looks, but your HEALTH is just amazing. Keep it up and Congratulations
  • grandmothercharlie
    grandmothercharlie Posts: 1,361 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    What a great story and all that in only a couple of months!

I've been at it for a year and half plus. I have lost 97 pounds and have been taken off of two high blood pressure meds and cut back twice on another med. You are right! It is doable! And the healthier you get, the easier it becomes!

Keep up the good work and you will see even more good results!
  • Great_Mazinga
    Great_Mazinga Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Great work! I've done similar. Changed my blood profile, and down 85 lbs. I started walking also and built up to an average daily of about 10-13K steps
  • justrollme
    justrollme Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    I love this, congrats!!
  • raymax4
    raymax4 Posts: 6,070 Member
    Options
    Thank you for joining my celebration.
  • rosej31
    rosej31 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Great job!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!