Why do I have more calories allowed on certain days.

Options
I know this is probably elementary. Most days I have around 2000 calories allowed. A few days ago it said I had over 3000 calories allowed. Shouldn't it be the some everyday? Thanks.

Replies

• TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Did you log exercise or do you have an activity tracker linked to your account?

Your calories should be the same unless you change your activity level or added something in.
  • kmcara
    kmcara Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Your calories allowed should be the same for the most part...unless your incorporating in some good exercise. When you exercise you burn off calories and increase your metabolism which will burn calories even after you're done exercising. This may be why your calorie intake allowed is increases on days you exercise.
  • mrschuster72
    mrschuster72 Posts: 5 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Ok I got it now. I have a Garmin Vivoactive and have been riding my bike a lot. I am still trying to stay within the reg. calories even with the exercise.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Your calorie deficit will always be the same, not the calories you consume each day. The deficit is calculated from the goal you set in MFP for how much weight you want to lose each week. That goal triggers the app to subtract a certain number of calories from the calories you could eat to maintain your current weight. When you exercise, you burn more calories than on days you don't exercise. MFP gives you those extra calories to eat so that you keep that same calorie deficit.
  • mrschuster72
    mrschuster72 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks!