21 Day Fix ?

Options
Hey Everyone!
I am planning on purchasing the BeachBody 21 Day Fix tomorrow, and was just wondering if there was anyone who was currently on it that would be interested in being friend or motivational buddies. Also, if you have any tips for me or any advice/results that you would like to share, please do so ! :smile:

Replies

• katerina9240
    katerina9240 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    I love 21 Day Fix! My first round I lost 10 pounds. It's a great program, and I highly recommend it. The workouts are not too tough but you can definitely feel it working and the containers are awesome and very helpful to keep you on track. You can also find great recipes on their twitter page that are based around the container system. I am starting another round now. I sort of took a break for a few weeks and I've maintained my weight which is good news! Let's be motivational buddies!
  • kt3mac4
    kt3mac4 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I just started today!
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    Or just you know create a calorie deficit with a balanced diet with proper macronutrient goals for free? But it's up to you...
  • ginah0816
    ginah0816 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I bought mine patiently waiting to get it from FedEx. Can't wait to start it.
  • MondayJune22nd2015
    Options
    These products teach you nothing, about maintaining any weight that you lose; using them. Meaning that unless you plan on restarting this program, after every 21 days for the rest of your life; you're only going to gain all of the weight lost back & more.
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options
    What happens after the 21 days are over?
  • Lynzdee18
    Lynzdee18 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    You start another 21 days... Reminds me of that Bill Murray film, Groundhog Day. But each to their own......
  • Maxematics
    Maxematics Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    These products teach you nothing, about maintaining any weight that you lose; using them. Meaning that unless you plan on restarting this program, after every 21 days for the rest of your life; you're only going to gain all of the weight lost back & more.

Um, no. Obviously 21 Day Fix is not the only way to lose weight, but part of what it's meant to do is teach those that have difficulties with calorie counting and portion control what a portion looks like. As they become familiar with the program, they'll be able to start eyeballing certain things without having to depend on the containers. They also have calorie brackets for maintenance. The only thing that causes someone to gain the weight they lost back is themselves. Many people lose weight then think they can go back to the way they used to eat before they lost weight and that the scale will magically not move. Then, for some strange reason, they are surprised to find out the weight comes back on.

Anyway OP. I'm on the last week of my second round. I started 21 Day Fix at 131 pounds and now I'm 122 pounds (I could be less now; I don't weigh in for another week). I didn't buy the program and I didn't use the containers they provide, but I looked up the sizes online. I weigh all of my food anyway so by using my own version of the containers I just wanted to see if I had a good grasp on portion sizes while still weighing my food/using CICO. I was pretty solid there, but what the container aspect of the program did do for me is get me in the habit of eating more vegetables. That was the one area I was always slacking in a bit. I still do the workouts but I follow MFP regarding my calorie counts and I don't limit my carb portions per day to 2 containers like the program outlines. It hasn't caused me any issues at all. Also, I did NOT use Shakeology; overpriced hype. Any protein powder of your choice will do. I'm a fan of Vega All-In-One Nutritional Shake or Garden of Life Raw Fit as Shakeology dupes.

We have an active 21 Day Fix group here on MFP if you're interested in joining. We're all just regular people doing the program; nobody is a Beachbody coach and you will not encounter anyone trying to sell you anything.
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/106828-21-day-fix-and-21-day-fix-extreme
  • megginanderson
    megginanderson Posts: 276 Member
    Options

That is simply just not true.
    How can you pigeon hole everyone with that comment?
    We are all so different, there is no one size fits all. How can you say that this is not something that would work for someone. Maybe what you are doing wouldnt work for me or vice versa.
    I just dont think its right to assume that this wouldnt help someone else who is struggling or is looking to make a change. You dont know what that person is feeling, going through.
    I just dont think that is a fair statement.
    It absolutely can teach you a lifestyle change if you let it. No you may not use the 21 Day Fix FOREVER, but it is a starting point for most people.
    Ive been working at home for over 12 years and with each new program I go through I learn something new about myself and get better and better and better at what I am doing.
    Its not the products its the PERSON who makes the changes, it shouldnt matter how they get there and if they gain the weight back then there is something else going on there (inside them).
  • megginanderson
    megginanderson Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    a_bogan2 wrote: »
    Hey Everyone!
    I am planning on purchasing the BeachBody 21 Day Fix tomorrow, and was just wondering if there was anyone who was currently on it that would be interested in being friend or motivational buddies. Also, if you have any tips for me or any advice/results that you would like to share, please do so ! :smile:

GOOD LUCK!
    Your going to be AMAZING!
  • a_bogan2
    a_bogan2 Posts: 23 Member
    Options

Have you ever even looked at the program ? It isn't a diet pill, nor a get fit fast thing. It simply HELPS people understand portions, who other wise can't and don't have the time to weigh out every little thing and can't go to the gym for hours. I love to workout, and I love to eat healthy. However, I struggle with portioning and meal prepping. Which is where the containers come into play. They are already pre-portioned and I know that as long as it is an approved food ( which is all clean eating), I can fill the container up.
    What works for you, doesn't always work for everyone else. And to say that you have to repeat it for the rest of your life is just ignorance. Obviously I'm going to want to repeat portion control and healthy eating for the rest of my life. Isn't that the goal ??? It teaches you to learn the lifestyle, UNLIKE other programs.
    :)

• a_bogan2
    Options
    Hey Everyone!

GOOD LUCK!
    Your going to be AMAZING!

Thank you so much ! I'm really excited !
  • a_bogan2
    Options
    synacious wrote: »

Um, no. Obviously 21 Day Fix is not the only way to lose weight, but part of what it's meant to do is teach those that have difficulties with calorie counting and portion control what a portion looks like. As they become familiar with the program, they'll be able to start eyeballing certain things without having to depend on the containers. They also have calorie brackets for maintenance. The only thing that causes someone to gain the weight they lost back is themselves. Many people lose weight then think they can go back to the way they used to eat before they lost weight and that the scale will magically not move. Then, for some strange reason, they are surprised to find out the weight comes back on.

Anyway OP. I'm on the last week of my second round. I started 21 Day Fix at 131 pounds and now I'm 122 pounds (I could be less now; I don't weigh in for another week). I didn't buy the program and I didn't use the containers they provide, but I looked up the sizes online. I weigh all of my food anyway so by using my own version of the containers I just wanted to see if I had a good grasp on portion sizes while still weighing my food/using CICO. I was pretty solid there, but what the container aspect of the program did do for me is get me in the habit of eating more vegetables. That was the one area I was always slacking in a bit. I still do the workouts but I follow MFP regarding my calorie counts and I don't limit my carb portions per day to 2 containers like the program outlines. It hasn't caused me any issues at all. Also, I did NOT use Shakeology; overpriced hype. Any protein powder of your choice will do. I'm a fan of Vega All-In-One Nutritional Shake or Garden of Life Raw Fit as Shakeology dupes.

We have an active 21 Day Fix group here on MFP if you're interested in joining. We're all just regular people doing the program; nobody is a Beachbody coach and you will not encounter anyone trying to sell you anything.
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/106828-21-day-fix-and-21-day-fix-extreme

Yeah, I cannot bring myself to spend the $120 on the shakeology shakes ! I use an organic shake from GNC. LOL
  • a_bogan2
    Options
    synacious wrote: »

Yeah, I cannot bring myself to spend the $120 on the shakeology shakes ! I use an organic shake from GNC. LOL

And most certainly ! I will join the second I order my kit.
  • MarissaJean04
    MarissaJean04 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    The 21 day fix is awesome! It takes 21 days to create a habit and this work out plans works!!!! It shows you portion control and how much veggies, fruits, carbs etc you should be eating. What's awesome is there's no measuring if it fits you can eat it! Plus you can adjust the workouts to your level! They are a quick 30 mins and I promise you will feel it the next day if you are doing it correctly! and NO I am not a beach body coach!
  • nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options

Have you ever even looked at the program ? It isn't a diet pill, nor a get fit fast thing. It simply HELPS people understand portions, who other wise can't and don't have the time to weigh out every little thing and can't go to the gym for hours. I love to workout, and I love to eat healthy. However, I struggle with portioning and meal prepping. Which is where the containers come into play. They are already pre-portioned and I know that as long as it is an approved food ( which is all clean eating), I can fill the container up.
    What works for you, doesn't always work for everyone else. And to say that you have to repeat it for the rest of your life is just ignorance. Obviously I'm going to want to repeat portion control and healthy eating for the rest of my life. Isn't that the goal ??? It teaches you to learn the lifestyle, UNLIKE other programs.
    :)

Yay you - Exactly!

If "everyone could do it on their own" even this site wouldn't exist.
  • kristinleanne1
    kristinleanne1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hey Everyone!

I ordered the 21day fix and while the program is great I hated the shakeology. If you do some research you can find all the info online without actually purchasing it (unless you want too which is totally ok) and do your own exercises. I run 3x a week, cross train 2x a week and take 2 rest days. So far I have lost 18lbs it's come off slowly but it is coming off. It's all about portion control and clean eating which is hard at first if your used to eating junk (I was) but you will get there eventually.
  • DaceyG1990
    DaceyG1990 Posts: 103 Member
    Options

Not quite true. The best thing I took from 21day Fix was the portion control. Which mean my eating habits are so much better than they used to be I have kept the weight off and I'm still leaving thanks it's just eating right.
  • allaboutthefood
    allaboutthefood Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    I know people who swear by this program, it seems to work for them, but with that being said. I wonder once you buy this program they try to get you to keep buying there product and coming up with new videos on magic fast weight loss, like this one https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=1145732925444124. I refuse to pay anyone for my weight loss. I wish you much success in your journey