New to the forums

Options
Thriceshy
Thriceshy Posts: 707 Member
But I've been using the program for a few months now. I do love it, it meshes with my need to be obsessive perfectly, and makes it much easier for me to have all my information in one place. Well, almost all--if there could be some way to track my blood sugar, too, this would be perfect!

I started out quite heavy--likely around 375. I say "likely" because I refused to step on a scale for years, and by the time I did, I had been dietiing and exercising for a couple of months. My first "official" weigh-in had me at 357, and that was April 19th. Since then, I've lost 39 lbs, and I continue to lose at a rate of 4-5 lbs a week. I know this is considered too much, but I swear I am not starving. I keep my calories between 1,200 and 1,600 a day. I think the loss may be so rapid right now because I am so heavy? I'm assuming that, once I get down to a less extreme weight, the rate of loss will slow.

I guess I'm hoping to hear from others who can help me to understand how this is likely to progress. My "diet" is a lifestyle thing--I was diagnosed diabetic, and am limiting carbs to less than fifty per meal, and less than 15 per snack. At this point, my blood sugar is keeping in a nice range, and I feel like I'm making great progress.

I'm happy to be here,

Kris

Replies

• DanceMomCG
    DanceMomCG Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!! Sounds like your doing great!!! Carbs are my downfall. I notice I feel much better on days where I haven't indulged in too many.
  • sarahavery
    sarahavery Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    welcome Kris,

I too need to lose alot and seem to find it alot better actually noting all the food that i eat. The fact that you can log exercise motivates me too. Y'day i went back to the gym after missing 4 months and went for a 2hr bike ride, which i havent done in about 7 yrs!!!
    To say Im aching today is an understatement!!! :D
  • kfields79
    kfields79 Posts: 1
    Options
    Ok so I am new to this program.. I now weight in at 250 and want to lose as much as I can by June of next year. I am getting married in Outer Banks and want to feel and look great!!!
    :smile:
  • Thriceshy
    Thriceshy Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Kfields, I think you can quite handily get down by nearly a hundred pounds--safely and sanely. Some might say, "Eww, 150 lbs is too heavy for a wedding dress," but some of the most beautiful, shapely, wildly attractive brides I've ever seen have been in that range--it gives curves and femininity! Start now, don't hesitate or procrastinate (something I've been doing for years!). Keep track of every little bite--even the condiments and sauces, and exercise at least four days a week. Work up to the hard stuff, don't start out nearly killing yourself on an elliptical. You have time to do this right, and to do it at a pace that will help you keep it off forever. Good luck!

Kris