OK I know this isn't much to some but.....

Options
AmyNVegas
AmyNVegas Posts: 2,215 Member
I resisted temptation and bought the 6 inch sub at Subway instead of the foot long because I knew my will power would not hold. I knew if I bought the foot long I would not be able to just eat 6" so I got it and loaded it with lots of veggies and some lite mayo. I even skipped the cheese!!!! Weird how something so small can make you feel like you've jumped a hurdle. A few more hours and I will have made it my full first day. I didn't do so well with my second snack, I wasn't prepared so I didn't eat enough and got really hungry. But sense won out and I only got the 6"!!!!!! :happy:
Amy

118984.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary

Replies

• AmyNVegas
    AmyNVegas Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    I resisted temptation and bought the 6 inch sub at Subway instead of the foot long because I knew my will power would not hold. I knew if I bought the foot long I would not be able to just eat 6" so I got it and loaded it with lots of veggies and some lite mayo. I even skipped the cheese!!!! Weird how something so small can make you feel like you've jumped a hurdle. A few more hours and I will have made it my full first day. I didn't do so well with my second snack, I wasn't prepared so I didn't eat enough and got really hungry. But sense won out and I only got the 6"!!!!!! :happy:
    Amy

118984.png
  • LML79
    LML79 Posts: 697
    Options
    Good for you!!!! It's all those things that we think are "small"steps that get us to our goal weight!! Keep up the good work :)
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    great job, it will get even easier as each day goes on, you can do it if I can.
  • lsalazarii
    lsalazarii Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    That is a giant step.... Congratulations... you will find that making these choices will add up to weight loss and you will feel better and lose the pounds slowly, which is the healthist way.

Keep it up... you have made it through your first day and made a choice that will make a difference!

YAHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • NWCountryGal
    NWCountryGal Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    I relate sis. I need to plan atleast ahead enough to have the food ready in my cupboards or fridge. Also, now I drink atleast and 8 oz cup of water when I feel hungry. That takes up some space in my tummy. Then, while Im eating, I lay my fork(or sandwhich)down after I take a bite. I "listen" to my tummy and when it feels full, I stop eating. I wrap up what is left and when I feel hungry again, I do the same over again. This way, Im getting the food I need, but not all at once. So I may end up eating off and on all day, but, my stomach processes the food much more efficiently now that I don't pack it too tight:) You go girl:happy: It will get easier with each new day.

with love, denise in Sams Valley
    Amy

118984.png
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    small steps will take you big places! You go girl!
  • cupcake568
    cupcake568 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    our biggest accomplishments are achieved one small step at a time! Good for you on your first small step! :drinker:
  • greatginew
    Options
    Portion Control & Moderation - GREAT JOB! - Keep it up & remember... It's never crowed along the extra mile!
  • healthier4me
    healthier4me Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I think you made some good choices so don't be so hard on yourself. I know that I have days where you just have to give in to temptation and when I do I try to make wiser choices and then do a bigger workout to help. Remember one step at a time:flowerforyou:
  • johnblake
    johnblake Posts: 661
    Options
    you go girl:smile:
  • RMONTGOMERY
    Options
    Congrats!
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Heck yeah it's a bit deal!

Check out the amount of calories you saved by cutting your portion in 1/2! :drinker:

http://www.subway.com/applications/NutritionInfo/nutritionlist.aspx?id=sandwich

WTG!!! Be proud! :drinker:
  • BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    Then, while Im eating, I lay my fork(or sandwhich)down after I take a bite. I "listen" to my tummy and when it feels full, I stop eating.

This is so effective...I went to a really fancy restaurant for my birthday last month, and when they brought my food, of course it was super expensive and super small portions. I wanted to a) really enjoy my meal and b) not eat it so fast so as to make myself look like a pig at a fancy place. I made myself put my untensil down and take a sip of water between each bite, and I really made myself savor each bite. When I first saw the food on my plate, I was sure I'd need to find a McDonald's to grab a snack wrap on my way back to my hotel to prevent myself from starving to death, but because I really took my time and allowed my body to feel full, I didn't need to eat anything else that night because I was completely satisfied.

And I definitely think it's a huge accomplishment to have ordered the 6"! I find that if a footlong is at my house, I will eat a footlong...but I make a deal with myself so as not to feel deprived when I get the 6". Subway is just a few blocks from my house, so when we get it, I order the 6", and if I am still hungry after eating that and am willing to WALK back to Subway to get another 6" then I can have it...I have never made that walk back to Subway because I have always been satisfied...Congrats on your first day...sounds like you did awesome!
  • jmdaily
    Options
    Aww, that's awesome!
  • DaniellaAnn
    Options
    Good Job!!! Sometimes taking the smallest step can make you feel so great. Keep it up!
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    It is a huge step!!! I still don't have the will power to do that yet. That is what this is all about making better choices every meal and snack eat. You are gonna do great!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • gingermoon
    gingermoon Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    A journey of a thousand miles begins with one step!

Keep up the great work!!! :bigsmile:
  • karenstartsover
    Options
    This is so great that you decided to resist temptation. :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • klmccl05
    klmccl05 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Thats great--I did that yesterday! Its tough when theyre only $5!!
  • TRLTAMPA
    TRLTAMPA Posts: 824
    Options
    exactly!! that $5 marketing ploy used to get me all the time!!
    at least i have a bunch of kids to steal my food away from me. they're a great diet plan!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!