Fish Pie Sauce Please!!!!

Options
Fish Pie for dinner tomorrow..... I have Salmon, Smoked Haddock, Unsmoked Haddock and King Prawns..... was going to put a thin layer of potato on top with a teeny weeny bit of no dont say it..... cheese lol!!

I obviously need some kind of sauce for the fish.... do I need to precook it in milk or if I oven bake it in whatever sauce you lovely people come up with will it just cook in that in the oven?!!!

Replies

• louiseei
    louiseei Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Here's what I'd do....
    Sautee an onion and diced carrot, then add to the pan some lemon juice and half fat creme fraiche - that's your sauce.
    In your serving bowl put your diced fish, uncooked, some wilted spinach if you like, hard boiled egg, if you like and then pour your sauce over, top with the mashed spuds and cheese.
  • clarehaines
    Options
    Here's what I'd do....
    Sautee an onion and diced carrot, then add to the pan some lemon juice and half fat creme fraiche - that's your sauce.
    In your serving bowl put your diced fish, uncooked, some wilted spinach if you like, hard boiled egg, if you like and then pour your sauce over, top with the mashed spuds and cheese.

LOVELY!!! THANK YOU VERY VERY MUCH!!! YUMMY - CANT WAIT!!!