How to get rid of my baby belly??

Options
Hi all, my son is now 19 months old and I still have a bulgy baby jelly belly. I am only a few pounds from my target weight and am happy(ish) with the rest of my body. I can't afford to buy any equipment/ pay gym membership etc so is there anything that I can do at home?

Replies

• Sweetcheeks278
    Options
    I am having the same problem. I do 200 crunches a day and workout 6 days a week and it doesnt seem to help at all. :( Bump. Hope someone has some suggestions!
  • MichelleFirestone
    MichelleFirestone Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    do you hae a bike? not sure why, but when I ride bike, I feel it in my core. Not sure if you can spot on lose it. I still have flabby stomach from my kids. and my oldest is 3 now. but I have noticed from riding bike it was slowly strinking. Plus the kids love it.
    that and those bicycle crunches. they are a killer, and will tone upper and lower abs.
  • jujubean1992
    jujubean1992 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    i'm having the same problem but it's more with my stretched out sagging belly skin... i'm using palmers firming butter and it's helping with my skin but my pouch won't go anywhere...
  • Heatherbelle_87
    Heatherbelle_87 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    This is unfortunantly a popular topic. And all we can say is diet and excercise. If you havent done strength training, doing so all over (not just abs) is a helpful way to tighten skin as youve lost. But alot of women retain weight in their tummy and unfortunantly it gets worse after a pregnancy. Make sure your sodium and carb intakes are low as they tend to cause water retention and weight in the belly. If youve lost a decent amount of weight post baby your skin may still need time to tighten. Make sure you use oils or lotions to help keep your skin moisturized, moisturized skin retain and rebuilds elasticity better. If your baby was born by c-section unfortunantly you will have an even harder time (like me)
  • cjlita
    cjlita Posts: 5
    Options
    Thanks for your replies :D

I don't have a bike unfortunately :( I'm not sure what bicycle crunches are but will definitely look into those!

I've lost just over 4st since having my little man so haven't done too bad :) (I put on 5 stone when I was pregnant thanks to SPD)

I was skinny as before having my son so am happy enough to keep the extra half a stone lol.

Thanks for the info on the sodium and carb effects

xxx
  • kellyscomeback
    kellyscomeback Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    This is unfortunantly a popular topic. And all we can say is diet and excercise. If you havent done strength training, doing so all over (not just abs) is a helpful way to tighten skin as youve lost. But alot of women retain weight in their tummy and unfortunantly it gets worse after a pregnancy. Make sure your sodium and carb intakes are low as they tend to cause water retention and weight in the belly. If youve lost a decent amount of weight post baby your skin may still need time to tighten. Make sure you use oils or lotions to help keep your skin moisturized, moisturized skin retain and rebuilds elasticity better. If your baby was born by c-section unfortunantly you will have an even harder time (like me)

I agree with everything here but I need to add that you need to give it time. It took time for the body to get stretched out due to weight gain and pregnancy and it will take longer for the body's elasticity to bounce back.
  • emmerrs
    emmerrs Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    These videos give you some really great moves to tone up your belly area/abs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXv9SBN8-Zw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6ZTzUEtPTI

They would probably have a bicycle crunch or something similar in there too. Also, the other videos on the channel are really good! Not all ab related, but all about toning up your muscles predominantly using body weight, not extra equipment. Its a favourite of mine!
  • anitakhalil
    Options
    my toddler is 19 months old, i made sure not to drink anything from the fridge.. just room temp. and first thing in the morning befor breakfast in 20 mins i drink 2 glass of warm water.. boil the water and let it cool down a bit b4 drinking. this helps burning abdominal fat.. give it a months and you see the result.. also do some Post-Pregnancy Core Rebuilding excercise.. you can goole that and and choose some simple steps to do on a daily basis.i lost all my baby fat by doing that after 6 months of delivering. good luck