carbs at every meal -- works for me

Options
What I really want when I have a meal are some carbs. I love bread and rice and pasta. I was eliminating some carbs (nothing drastic) to eliminate some calories. Well, that kind of worked. I had more vegetables, more fruit, more protein. But I still really wanted some carbs and kept on wanting them between meals.

For the past couple weeks I've deliberately had carbs at each meal. Toast or english muffin at breakfast, a sandwich for lunch, and some pasta/rice/bread with dinner and, voila! I no longer crave them between meals. They fit in my calories and I'm much more satisfied with my meals.

Just thought I'd share.

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    7elizamae wrote: »
    What I really want when I have a meal are some carbs. I love bread and rice and pasta. I was eliminating some carbs (nothing drastic) to eliminate some calories. Well, that kind of worked. I had more vegetables, more fruit, more protein. But I still really wanted some carbs and kept on wanting them between meals.

For the past couple weeks I've deliberately had carbs at each meal. Toast or english muffin at breakfast, a sandwich for lunch, and some pasta/rice/bread with dinner and, voila! I no longer crave them between meals. They fit in my calories and I'm much more satisfied with my meals.

Just thought I'd share.

Self discovery is the best kind of lesson. Good for you!! Carbs are yummy :)
  • Florida_Superstar
    Florida_Superstar Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I had the same experience! Glad you are eating something you love. :)
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,910 Member
    Options
    I have carbs at every meal too. I just have less of things like pasta and rice, and eat lower glycemic load bread.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    I have carbs at every meal too, just not many. ;)
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Right there with you. I feel much more satisfied with carbs.
  • 7elizamae
    7elizamae Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    It's nice to not torment one's self, isn't it? :)
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    7elizamae wrote: »
    It's nice to not torment one's self, isn't it? :)

yesssss