Looking for a chicken recipe

Options
johnemler
johnemler Posts: 3 Member
I'm looking for a low carb and low calorie chicken recipe. I have a whole cut up chicken. I have some frozen okra, broccoli, corn and some frozen peas. So something with one of those. Any and all ideas welcome.

Replies

• GettingFit5551
    GettingFit5551 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    here is a board I was just looking at. There is a mexican soup recipe & I bet you could use some of the ingredients you have. http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10249568/crock-pot-recipes#latest
  • ms_smartypants
    ms_smartypants Posts: 8,278 Member
    Options
    skinnytaste.com has a lot of low carb meals
  • Angelfire365
    Angelfire365 Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    I'd just salt & pepper it and bake it. Put it on a foil-lined cookie sheet (easy cleanup) skin side up. Maybe some crushed garlic under the skin if you have it. Eat with the frozen veggie of your choice. Mmmm . . .
  • lfetter61
    lfetter61 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Check out Pinterest - lots of receipes - check out the low carb ones - awesome!
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Pickle brined fried chicken thighs
  • melodicraven
    melodicraven Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Well the corn and the peas aren't very low carb, but the broccoli and the okra both are. :) And there's lot you can do with a whole chicken. One thing would be to bone those chicken breasts real quick and stir fry them with the broccoli and some of the peas. And okra always makes me think of gumbo, which you can make with chicken. Or you could just roast the chicken parts with seasoning and little olive oil and then steam the broccoli on the side.

What other staples have you got on hand as far as like canned veggies, chicken broth, herbs and spices, stuff like that?
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Pinterest. Key words chicken and okra. Bam!
    You can low carb yourself by switching out ingredients as needed.
  • AmericanIdiot666
    AmericanIdiot666 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Here are a bunch of my chicken recipes... If you are low carbing, the taters/rice etc. in my pics are for my family (I generally don't eat the carbs and just fill up on meat/veggies).
    https://locarbjabberwockey.wordpress.com/?s=chicken
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Chicken soup
    4 cups of water
    156g of chicken
    100g each of the peas broccoli and corn
    148g potatoes diced
    4 tsps of chicken soup base
    1/4 tsp dried oregano