how to log meal

Options
How should I log my homemade chilli for dinner? Do i enter each ingredient? Exp.meat, veggies,sauce,seasonings

Replies

• acheben
    acheben Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    I use the MFP recipe tool to log my recipes. Just weigh and enter each ingredient into the tool and enter the number of servings. I usually weigh the entire cooked recipe and enter the total weight (in grams) as the serving size, but you can also split it into even servings and enter the whole number or something similar.
  • cwthx
    cwthx Posts: 11 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    I think you have a very good question, since we also do a lot of cooking. You can see if there is a recipe with similar ingredients and then use that information. Or, you can add up all of the calories from the ingredients and divide by the number of portions you intend to have. For example, if all your ingredients added up to 100, and you wanted to divide it into 4 equal portions/servings, then you end up with 25 calories each serving.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/recipe/calculator
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    acheben wrote: »
    I use the MFP recipe tool to log my recipes. Just weigh and enter each ingredient into the tool and enter the number of servings. I usually weigh the entire cooked recipe and enter the total weight (in grams) as the serving size, but you can also split it into even servings and enter the whole number or something similar.

^^ that