Third shift?

Options
skclinkenbeard
skclinkenbeard Posts: 1 Member
edited September 2015 in Getting Started
Hi! So I work third shift during the weekend and have day classes during the week, so my eating schedule is always changing. So I downloaded this app to help keep track of what I'm eating (or lack thereof).

On third shift days, where should I write what I eat? Most people eat in the order of breakfast, lunch, dinner. But the way my schedule works it would be dinner, breakfast, lunch. Should I add them in that order? Does it matter where I put what meal?

Also does anyone have any tips about switching from third shift to day shift?

Replies

• kevinanderson520562
    Options
    It does not matter where you put it as long as you put it in there. Also you can add more Categories if you need them.
  • momof2kd
    momof2kd Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I’m new here. How do you add more Categories?
  • TimothyPhoenix
    TimothyPhoenix Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Hi! So I work third shift during the weekend and have day classes during the week, so my eating schedule is always changing. So I downloaded this app to help keep track of what I'm eating (or lack thereof).

On third shift days, where should I write what I eat? Most people eat in the order of breakfast, lunch, dinner. But the way my schedule works it would be dinner, breakfast, lunch. Should I add them in that order? Does it matter where I put what meal?

Also does anyone have any tips about switching from third shift to day shift?

I've been working third shift for about three years now and it can be a bit tricky. I work from 10 pm - 8 am, and typically sleep from 10 am - 4 pm. I do time restricted eating during these days. So I will usually eat around 10pm, 3am, and 8 am. Fridays I transition back into a normal schedule during the weekend so I will usually only eat one meal Friday and that is in the evening. Saturday and Sunday I eat a typical three meals a day for the most part.

Don't get caught up in what is breakfast, what's lunch, etc when doing shift work. If you want to eat three meals, that's all they are are meals 1, 2, and 3. You can even set up your food diary by naming your meals whatever you want.

My biggest advice to you is to just try your best to get into a regular weekly routine. One for the shift work, one when your on a normal schedule, and how to transition in and out of those changes. It can be tricky but I'm sure you will be able to figure it out.
  • knekno
    knekno Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I changed my meal names to 2400-0600, 0600-1200, 1200-1800, and 1800-2400. I like to keep my meals in order, and have had Christmas dinner for breakfast too many times to count.
  • jeagogo
    jeagogo Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    If you want to add different meal categories in the mobile app go to Settings > Diary Settings > Customize Meal Names. There you can modify and add meal names beyond the Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner/Snacks options.
  • rlpomeroy
    rlpomeroy Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    I broke mine into 6- 4 hour windows rather than traditional meal labels.