Pcos and weightloss

Options
Just wondering if anyone other female out there suffers with this condition? If so have you lost lots of weight? What did you find worked for you? Did kicking carbs actually make any difference? Or do you find it as hard as I do, with extremely fluctuating weight issues???

Replies

• r1997maj
    r1997maj Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have pcos as well and have lost 5 pounds in the last 2 week's since I'm just getting started.
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    I was diagnosed with PCOS almost 25 years ago. Cutting carbs never helped me (though it does help most people with PCOS). The thing that worked the best for me was exercise. Cutting calories down, taking Metformin, and exercise.
  • mcfaddsam
    mcfaddsam Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have pcos and type 1 diabetes. I've been counting calories for 14 days and am down 6.8lbs. Before counting calories, I did a lot of reading and learning about the glycemic index. I started buying food and cooking that way, and now with portion control, I feel as if the weight is falling off.
  • mcfaddsam
    mcfaddsam Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I probably ate low glycemic for 4-5months before I started controlling my portions. I feel as if one step has lead to the next.
  • SteviaNicks
    SteviaNicks Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have PCOS and recently diagnosed with type 2 diabetes. I only ever had serious success with weight loss when taking pills in high school and reactions have put me off. I'm a notorious backslider but I feel like this app is a game and maybe that will help.

I'd like some more friends to keep me in challenge mode and to make me feel more accountable so if you're interested please friend me.
  • sweetnikn
    sweetnikn Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Just wondering if anyone other female out there suffers with this condition? If so have you lost lots of weight? What did you find worked for you? Did kicking carbs actually make any difference? Or do you find it as hard as I do, with extremely fluctuating weight issues???

Hi, I have PCOS and I have lost weight by cutting carbs. Yes , it is hard with extremely fluctuating weight issues. I'm now trying to go gluten free to see if gluten is one of my triggers.
  • SnowballsMom805
    SnowballsMom805 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Hi i Don't have PCOS but I would love to maybe start a fertility fitness challenge for all of us here struggling with that? What do you think?