Options
Hello,

New here and wondering how people are getting on with the site, any tips?

Have been using another site but my 3 months is up, I've not lost much for one reason and another and I realised this one is free and there's an app for my phone too, which is great.

Hope you're getting on well with it.

J

Replies

• ninabean8
    ninabean8 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    i just started this site a few weeks ago and so far i am really liking it. it def holds me accountable. unless i dont log on. =) its another tool.. but a really great one. good luck with ur goals.
  • skinnymeinaz
    skinnymeinaz Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Hey J,

I have been on here since 5/3/11. I love this site and I love the phone app!!!! Last month I lost 17lbs and hope to do the same this month!!!! Even if I don't the support I get from my friends is priceless. If you are just starting and need some friends....feel free to add me!

WELCOME!!!!
  • nfanning3
    nfanning3 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    i have enjoyed what the site has to offer and the support group. i have had the app for 5 weeks and been active on the site for 3 weeks. i have not had much luck with weight loss, but it is not a direct reflection of the site. it is great for support, venting, ideas, and accountability!
  • skinnymeinaz
    skinnymeinaz Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    i just started this site a few weeks ago and so far i am really liking it. it def holds me accountable. unless i dont log on. =) its another tool.. but a really great one. good luck with ur goals.

I love the fact that if you don't log on it tells your friends so we can send you a note :D
  • SusiB60
    SusiB60 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    The site is great - as are the people.
    I've been using the site for about a year on and off, but have only recently started using the forums.
    I probably use it more than facebook now :0)
    The people are really supportive and help keep each other motivated.
    Happy to buddy up if you want, just ping me a request ...Sue
  • Aileen46
    Aileen46 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I love this site! I've been on here since the beginning of April and have lost 12.5 pounds which is right on track for what I'm trying to do. This site makes tracking food and exercise so easy that it becomes addicting and makes you want to continue. The support that you get from your MFP friends is truly priceless!!

Feel free to add me as well. :)
  • wwhite94
    wwhite94 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I found this site on may 2nd and have since and i love the support and great info you can obtain by reading the messages. I just got the Iphone and I love the app so i will have no excuse for not logging in and recording my food :).

Keep logging in everyday no matter what and exercise. You get your exercise calories back in case you have a big eating day they come in handy.

Read the message boards you can find a lot of healty ideas there.

If you need support you may add me.
  • wwhite94
    wwhite94 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    oops double post lol
  • R_mageddon
    R_mageddon Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I found this site through a friend. I'd previously done WW and so had she. She recommended it and it was free so I joined in May. In 3 weeks I've lost 9 lbs.

I love the phone app because I'm away from home a good portion of my day so it helps keep me on track.

I lurk in the message boards a lot and there is a lot of helpful info.

I wouldn't mind building my support group so feel free to add me :)
  • Jillonna
    Jillonna Posts: 2
    Options
    Thank you for your encouragement. I'll admit to having a very busy week last week and did no planning whatsoever! Back on it now so fingers crossed things will improve and I'll stay on track.

How do you 'add' someone?

Cheers,

Jill