Great 1st week - I love MFP!

Options
I had a TERRIFIC first week here on MFP!!

- I logged 30+ miles on my treadmill (combination walking & jogging)
- I lost 7.2 lbs!!
- I stayed on target with my meal plans every single day
- I went out with the girls and didn't snack when there was ALL my favorite junk foods out on the table

I am SO gonna nail this!! :smile:

Replies

• karikariboberry
    karikariboberry Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    WAY TO GO!
    thats awesome!
    Just remember to not expect such great weekly weight loss results everyweek, so you're not dissapointed.
    I find that eating right is #1 and really pushes me to excersize too!
    keep on going! congrats!
  • PattyCake123
    PattyCake123 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    That is fantastic! Keep up the great hard work.
  • Diana35bha
    Diana35bha Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Absolutely brilliant! That's a brilliant start and obviously has you well motivated now.
    Keep going and you'll reap the benefits, though your weight loss may not be so huge!!!

:smile:
  • skinnymeinaz
    skinnymeinaz Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Glad you had a great first week. My month with MFP has been wonderful too. If you need some more friends you can add me.
  • evenidomhnaill
    Options
    Great going, well done. My first week here is finished tomorrow not expecting a big loss though as have been on a diet for over 5 weeks now I'll be happy with a lb. Hope you do great again next week
  • sunshine__angel
    sunshine__angel Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    That is so amazing, you should be proud!! This site has helped me a lot too, and I know it will continue to help me, even after I have reached my goal. Keep up the awesome work!!
  • bethy73
    bethy73 Posts: 39
    Options
    That's awesome! Tomorrow will mark my 2 week anniversary with MFP and I, too, love it! I am not expecting as good of results as I have had up to this point. Honestly, I kind of guessed on a starting weight ~ I know that I had gained quite a bit because my clothes were starting to fit tighter and I was looking and feeling extremely bloated. It had actually gotten to the point where I would look at pictures of myself and want to cry. I know I've never been that heavy before! Last night, however, I was able to get an accurate weight using the wheelchair scale at the hospital. I was down to 226.9 lb!! I haven't weighed that in a long, long time!! :bigsmile:

My friend Kat invited me to join MFP, so on my 38th birthday [2 weeks ago today] I decided to make a change for the better. I joined MFP and started making a conscious effort to watch what I'm eating. I started eating healthier. I also made a conscious effort to make sure that I exercise each day. I actually feel guilty if I don't see numbers written in my exercise diary for the day. And being able to enter my foods into my food diary via my BlackBerry when I'm away from my computer motivates me even more!

Everyone here has been so supportive and encouraging, and nobody pushes me into doing anything that I can't do or don't want to do. This site is amazing! Thanks to everyone for helping me, too, on my journey!! Like I mentioned before, I'm not expecting nearly as good of results as I have up to this point. If I can lose 1 lb per week I'll be a happy camper. Heck, if I can remain stable and not put the weight back on, I'll be a happy camper! :smile:

If anyone wants to add me as a friend feel free. I'll provide as much support and encouragement as I possibly can!

~Beth
  • run_momma_run
    Options
    I do know that the loss in the first 7-10 days is not what I'll normally expect to see. But it still counts :laugh:

Got a couple new MFP friends today-- thanks!! Looking forward to another great week!!
  • rosieef
    rosieef Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Wow!! I'm celebrating my first week too, but with much less of a loss than you! The site is great isn't it, and I love having the app on my phone to quickly log what I eat. If anyone wants to add me feel free, I could do with some motivation for the long journey..!
  • glampixxie
    glampixxie Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I'm just starting my second week on MFP. Add me if you'd like another friend! (who doesn't, right?) ;)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!