I am going to do this!!!

Options
Hello.
I've been trying to get myself out of a misery hole for over a year now. I was working in a place that was badly run and highly stressful and I was with a man I thought had my best interests at heart but actually just made me feel awful about myself. Both of those things are gone now and I feel really positive and motivated to get back to a size that feels like me! I've been on here for so long but never used the message boards as I only tried out the iphone app... this is what's going to make the difference I think.

Anyone care to offer support or needs a 'friend' please do get in touch as I could do with sharing this journey with other people on the same path...

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    It will make a difference and if you need support all you have to do is log on. As for your friend take it as a lesson learned.
    Good luck on your journey and don't get discouraged. You are in control of your life no one else.
  • franurra
    franurra Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    go girl!:) all my support! xx
  • TakuraHunt
    TakuraHunt Posts: 208
    Options
    I am sorry to hear about all that you had to endure (stressful job, and disrespectful man), but today is a new day, time to smile, and get back to you. My journey is very close to yours. I am doing this to find myself (the person I've lost a long time ago. I can't expect anyone to love me if I can't first love myself. We can and will make it happen.
  • LondonLoser
    Options
    awesome responses! i am feeling so much more positive already!!! thanks fitnesspals x
  • guppygirl322
    guppygirl322 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    OMG it is so hard to look after yourself when there is so much CRAP going on in your life, lol. I know that WELL. Someone once told me, "Life is full of anchors, cut loose the ones dragging you down and sail free."

I'm sailing! You will be too. Good luck on your journey. Friend me if you need support. :)
  • MsMadmagic
    MsMadmagic Posts: 66
    Options
    I can relate to the stressful job you dislike I'm going through something similar but can't get out because I'm the breadwinner at the moment. You're gonna do brilliantly now your free. Feel free to add me as a friend as I need as much support and motivation also, only joined this week so got a long way to go :smile:
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    Hey there, another Londoner here...yes you *will* do this!
  • Cccaroline
    Cccaroline Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you have really turned the corner in your life. The support on mfp is amazing, I'm sure it will help you. Good luck:)
    If you want to have input on mfp every day, feel free to add me if you like.
  • leaw24
    leaw24 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Another Londoner here too! We can do this :) sounds like you've broken a tough old cycle, time for a new one!
  • LondonLoser
    Options
    arghhhhh! i love this site! i cant believe ive been on it my the phone for so long but never bothered with the site...no wonder i havent lost a pound yet! londoners wooop woop!