Hello everybody

FrancyS85
FrancyS85 Posts: 5 Member
edited September 2015 in Introduce Yourself
Hi :smiley: I'm Francesca and I'm new to myfitnesspal. I'm from Italy and I'm about to be 30 years old (september 14th) :blush: I weighted 148.8 kg. which is 319lb or 22st. a year ago and I've lost about 45kg in a year which is 99lb or 7st. I didn't know about myfitnesspal, I just follow a diet and I began to exercise at the gym since July 1st. 2015 'cause I couldn't move when I was so heavy. I'm still heavy and I know it takes so much time and so much strenght, but I'm doing it good for myself and my health and for feeling great with my body.
I was ashamed of my weight, 'cause if you're so heavy you can't do anything "normal", you can't buy the clothes that you like, you can't walk without feeling your heart pounding so hard into your chest and you can barely breath. That's not ok, It takes you straight to death!
There are so many people who say that they feel good with their body, even if they are big... well, I respect their thoughts but I cannot believe them, 'cause nobody likes to be fat and it's not a matter of look, it's just because it is debilitating, let's face it!
I was always this big, since I was a little girl, I've tried all the kinds of diet since I was 5 years old, but nothing really worked for me. Then I've found a really good doctor that made me follow a simple diet based on the italian mediterranean diet, which is something that let you eat everything, even the things that you really like, such as sweets, but you have to weight everything to have a proper equilibrium of calories every single day. It could be tricky when you start, but then it will be really simple and your stomach starts to reduce himself so you will not be able to overeat at all.
My goal is to reach at least 60kg which is 132lb or 9st. I'm 5'.3'' height and I know I have to be less than 60kg, but that's my goal for now and then I'm sure I will loose more.
Myfitnesspal gives me the right motivation to go on and it's really usefull in order to understand how many calories you're introducing everyday and how many calories you have burnt with your exercises. So I hope that everyone of you enjoy this app and reaches your goal. I'm sure you can do it!
GOOD LUCK!

Replies