Just getting started on my weight loss journey

Options
Hi everyone any suggestions advice?

Replies

• RL_2015
    RL_2015 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome! Best advice I can give is take it one day at a time and log everything you eat and and drink! And keep positive! X
  • timtamsin
    timtamsin Posts: 1 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    All the best! My advice:
    - Make sure you weigh everything. Buy good scales and keep them there on the kitchen bench. Buy measuring cups and spoons and use them. You might be surprised what a true portion size is, and how all those little extras add up!
    - Log everything that goes in your mouth - be completely honest. You are only cheating yourself if you pretend you didn't eat something!
    - Try to weigh yourself weekly, rather than daily (or at least look back at your weight over the week) because you can be disheartened by daily fluctuations.
    - I agree that you need to take one day at a time - if you have a bad day and really blow it (as long as that is not every day!!), just start fresh the next day and keep going.
    - Stay focused and don't let other people sabotage your good work (learn to say no!).
  • ntinkham88
    ntinkham88 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! My best advice is to keep it simple. Eat real food (nothing processed) and exercise whenever possible. Weight loss doesn't have to be as complicated as everyone makes it out to be. Eat healthy but enjoy a treat now and then when you're craving something in particular. Log everything but don't stress so much over your numbers. Some days you'll go over and some days you'll stay under. It's life!
  • xBijinx
    xBijinx Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Welcome. In my experience I've learned I have to find a happy medium. Can't binge but I also learned I can't abstain fully from a treat in moderation.
    I agree with what everyone has said about eating real food. The processed things are what hinders us when it comes to eating. You're never quite sure what all is in it and it's rarely broken down into single servings.
    And of course be active to the beat of your ability. Go at your own pace and set your own daily goals. Don't feel pressured by anyone else's. Your change will start to happen. Don't be afraid to start it and don't be discouraged if it's not "fast enough".
  • bhoward59
    bhoward59 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Be patient and take it slow. I started at 232 in March and now 196. Good luck!
  • Chasady283
    Chasady283 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanx everyone for the advice I'm struggling to get started but I hope it gets better