Overate this morning how do I eat for the rest of the day?

Options
I ate leftovers of Ethiopian restaurant food very early this morning. I can't even begin to calculate how many calories was in there. So I don't know how to put it in my calorie diary.

Also, Any idea on how to proceed for the rest of the day? I dread having to starve all day to make up for my indiscretion. Do I count at all today?

Replies

• IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    Continue your day as normal.
  • arianaberrios99
    Options
    Well, I'd just exercise alot today which will give you extra calories to eat for the day...but, if that's not enough then I would just stick to fruits and veggies with a low calorie count. Everyday isn't going to be perfect but, all you can do is try your best and stay within your goal calorie count tomorrow :)
  • belimawr
    belimawr Posts: 1,155 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Continue your day as normal.

I would go with this somewhat. Maybe restrict a little bit more, but I wouldn't starve myself for the rest of the day. If necessary spread it out over the next few days.

This isn't a one day process either way, it happens over time.
  • Cortneyrenee04
    Cortneyrenee04 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    Eat lightly and go for a walk. No need to worry about it.
  • scolaris
    scolaris Posts: 2,145 Member
    Options
    This is actually presenting you a great exercise in practicing flexibility of mind so you don't skulk off from your goals in shame or slack off because the day seems no longer 'perfect.' Those are great suggestions above; just pick ANY approach and go with it! The details of that episode here matter less than the ability to get right back on track. There are lots of Ethiopian entries in the food database. You could probably even approximate what you ate there. But that's not necessary... You ate off your plan. Feel, forgive, focus on the how's and whys a little and then just move forward. A plate of delicious protein rich Ethiopian food is way more nutritious than the equivalent in sugary crap! Have a terrific day...
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    For me it would depend what my previous 6 days looked like. I can tend to have an all out eating/drinking day once I've added up all the calories I've been under for the week.
    If you have been close to the wire all week then I'd eat a low calories lunch and dinner with high protein content and a ton of salad.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I would log your food today as best you can.
    You might look up recipies or restaurant info online to get an idea of the calories in the Ethiopian dishes you ate. Even if it isn't exactly the same it would give you an estimate.
    I would eat fairly normally the rest of the day. You might choose lighter meals for the rest of the day if you think the Ethiopian food was pretty high calorie. If you aren't hungry don't push yourself to eat though.

• shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    Get plenty of exercise in your day and a high calorie breakfast won't matter a bit. Breakfast is really the best place for this kind of indulgence because you have the rest of the day to add activity that can offset the extra calories with exercise.
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options
    Don't stress yourself out over it, or starve yourself for the rest of the day. It happens. it was yummy. continue on with your day. :smiley:
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Carry on as you normally would - don't deprive yourself as you'll be very very hungry and for no good reason. These things happen, log and move on and look forward to that fresh set of calories that'll be waiting for you when you wake up in the morning! Best of luck :]
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    log it as best you can and continue on with the day.

you should have seen my weekend last week. TOTALLY FUBAR! LOLOL!

and i still lost a little over a pound.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Log as best you can, see what's left, work with it. Go a bit over if you need to. Don't starve yourself but don't just throw in the towel.

Also, I've been wanting to get Ethiopian food for awhile now. So good!
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Yes, count everything. You can eat as you normally do, eat a little less or starve. Personally, I wouldn't choose the latter. When I overeat, I figure that I won't lose that day. Big whup. One day. If it were to become a daily occurrence (or several times a week), I'd start making changes. One day - I don't sweat it.

Whatever you choose to do, log everything. It's not supposed to be a diary of how you think a perfect diet should look. It's supposed to be your diary of what you actually ate - good days, bad days, all of it. Log everything!! In the end, you'll be glad you did. :)
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    Eat reasonably and try to log everything.