On 1200 calories, meals and other tips?

Options
Hello! Ashley here, 24 female, 5'8 and currently 188. My goal is 125/135 or whenever I feel most comfortable again. I'm currently working out, p90x2, and work a sit down medical job.
Looking for friends tips, and recipes to stay in my 1200 calorie goal.

Replies

• kratschie
    kratschie Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Try to eat clean. No sugary beverage. I personally think 1200 calories is under your basal metabolism.
  • gonnadoityeah
    gonnadoityeah Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Maybe, I'm taking it slow and listening to my body just to make sure. If it's too low, I'll be increasing it.
  • jb32hss
    jb32hss Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I tend to stay at or under 1200 each day and eat normal people meals not rabbit food
  • jb32hss
    jb32hss Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    And my diary is open to view. Jen
  • hdawood85
    hdawood85 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Few suggestions:
    -lean meats (maybe grilled).
    -fat free dairy
    -low fat / low sodium snacks (crackers and protein bars)
    -healthy fats (almonds)
    -vegitables and fruits (fresh and steamed)
    -cut sodas and greasy snacks. Minimize unhealthy food, but if you have to, eat as little as possible
    -keep logging your food to keep track of your progress!
  • amynb524
    amynb524 Posts: 73 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
  • bluedelrey55
    bluedelrey55 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Eat things for breakfast that are filling like oatmeal and other fiber filled foods. That will help you from crashing and binging during the day. When you feel hungry drink water and wait 5. If you are still hungry eat a flavorless snack like some almonds.
  • sfinsc
    sfinsc Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I'm also on 1200 cals except for the days I exercise and can do it quite comfortably. Feel free to view my diary. I eat a lot of fish and whole wheat pasta. I also eat a good bit of my calories in small snacks throughout the day, as I feel these can be managed a bit better. Never let yourself get hungry or you'll tend to overeat.
  • IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    kratschie wrote: »
    Try to eat clean. No sugary beverage. I personally think 1200 calories is under your basal metabolism.

Clean? What is this arbitrary term? What is it going to do for weight loss? Nothing.

OP you weigh 188. You can definitely eat more than 1200 calories and be more comfortable with a higher caloric intake...

• RosieJaynee
    RosieJaynee Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Sweet jacket potato, one salmon fillet (Grilled) mixed with garlic&herb philidelphia & a little bit of butter to mash the potato up abit! It's different, so yummy & keeps you full & very healthy & not a lot of calories!! :smile:
  • CurlyCockney
    CurlyCockney Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    jb32hss wrote: »
    And my diary is open to view. Jen

Just curious--what kind of spaghetti is that? 2 ounces (or 56g) dried spaghetti (a standard size in the US) is about 200 calories, so I'm curious about what they do to it to lower the calories so much.

Nutrition labels in the UK give the calories for cooked weight on dried spaghetti http://groceries.asda.com/product/spaghetti-tagliatelle/asda-smartprice-spaghetti/392270

• kratschie
    kratschie Posts: 30 Member
    Options

Clean? What is this arbitrary term? What is it going to do for weight loss? Nothing.

that's true, if it's just for the weight loss.
  • rwhyte12
    rwhyte12 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Include good fats (olive oil, canola, tahini). It's more filling and good for you.
    Whey protein is likewise filling while bringing up your protein so you can hold onto your muscles. I eat around this amount as well. Good luck with your weight loss.
  • avonvermont45
    avonvermont45 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Clean eating: elimate processed food, try to shop at farmers market so u eat food without the use of chemicals in the growing process. Shop on the outside isles of the supermarket. See Clean Eating magazine web site. Get chemicals out of ur diet
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Hello! Ashley here, 24 female, 5'8 and currently 188. My goal is 125/135 or whenever I feel most comfortable again. I'm currently working out, p90x2, and work a sit down medical job.
    Looking for friends tips, and recipes to stay in my 1200 calorie goal.

OP, I am 5'4" 135 and twice your age, and I am currently eating @ 1600 cals and losing slowly. And I'm not doing anything like P90X. So eat more! Set MFP to lose 1 lb a week and eat those calories. It won't be as difficult to stay at your calorie goal if you allow yourself enough calories to fuel your body properly.

I found making sure I was getting enough protein really helped me feel satisfied with my diet. I don't worry about eating "clean" or shopping in a particular place or any other trendy theory. I just eat yummy mostly nutritious food, weigh my portions, and log everything. Including pizza and ice cream and chocolate when I feel like it. I just make it fit!

Good luck!
  • generallyme2
    generallyme2 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Hi Ashley :) I added you as a friend. I stay around 1200 cals and I do eat back about 30-50% of my exercise calories, so it is a bit higher some days. My goal weight is 125 atm. If you do p90x, it's okay to add back a few cals- that's how mpf is set up.

Make sure you have a few 'go-to' meals that taste good and fill you up. For me, it's chicken fajitas with salsa and greek yogurt or greek yogurt with nuts and fruit added to it. Makes life a bit easier and you have no excuses :) I eat dessert every day, just in smaller portions and I eat the same food I make for my family. You can do it, girl!
  • generallyme2
    generallyme2 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Also, agreed with pp- weigh everything! Seriously makes such a difference.
  • Loddieconnor975
    Loddieconnor975 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Need help
    Also <<<<
  • Marcus_2015
    Marcus_2015 Posts: 119 Member
    Options

OP you weigh 188. You can definitely eat more than 1200 calories and be more comfortable with a higher caloric intake...

So here is why I think clean eating is the right thing to do for weight loss; you can eat more volume, feel fuller and keep your calorie count where you want it to be.

When you add processed stuff and even complex carbs, the quantity generally goes down.

R
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Rhyalus wrote: »

So here is why I think clean eating is the right thing to do for weight loss; you can eat more volume, feel fuller and keep your calorie count where you want it to be.

When you add processed stuff and even complex carbs, the quantity generally goes down.

R

NO to this... I personally do not eat "dirty" food..

Although processed foods are a no no for me, you can still loose weight eating these boxed or pre-prepared meals. And for some on a budget or single these work.

So pick and choose your foods that you already like to eat and just eat less of it, depriving yourself of the foods you grew up to love, will only hinder progress in the long run. I personally try to eat as if this is the way I will eat for the rest of my life ... with only exception of exercising and training... my diet and way of eating changes for fitness.

Clean eating... not this again..
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!