22lbs Weight Loss in under 4 weeks

Options
Hi is it possible to lose this much weight in under 4 weeks? I did weigh an incredible 312lbs to start with and thought enough is enough. Sticking to what MFP tells me which was 1870 calories per day (sedentary) and now 22lbs down. Didnt even think it was that possible but i suppose the bigger you are the more you will lose at the start?

Replies

• RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    It is at the start, you tend to drop a lot of water weight and you have a lot less waste in side you as well from consuming less.

Enjoy it and don't get disheartened when it slows down to a more healthy weight loss number.

Congratulations on your loss :)
  • ohmscheeks
    ohmscheeks Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    Is it possible? Are you thinking your scale is wrong? You can test it by putting something you know the weight of on it (e.g. 10lb dumbbell).
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Awesome loss, nice job. YES, when starting out with your numbers, it is possible (obviously). It will slow down eventually.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    Yes when you've got a lot of weight to lose, like 100+. I lost 20# my first month.
  • sn4k3y
    sn4k3y Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Maybe I worded it wrong :) .. Thanks for the replies.
  • forstuff
    forstuff Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    that is soo awesome
  • vlovell24
    vlovell24 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Yup, pretty normal in the beginning. My dad went super low cal, and dropped that much in 3 weeks. Of course, that gave him the boost to keep going. He's dropping about 3lb a week now. Needless to say, his doctor was thrilled.
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Well done you - fantastic work :]
    It's totally normal to drop a higher than average amount in the first four weeks. I think I lost around 10 or 11 pounds in my first four weeks (I was over the moon!). After that, it was around 2lbs per week (which I was still very pleased with!)

Keep it up!
  • sn4k3y
    sn4k3y Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Thanks all