Hello my name is

Options
Kelly and today is my first day here. I was having a great day and then I got the afternoon munchies. I just snacked my way through 800 calories, eek! I haven't had dinner yet and have used all my calories for the day.

Tommorow is a fresh start and I am not snacking anymore today. So anyways I am new here and obviously need it very much!

Kelly

Replies

• sonshinemom
    Options
    Kelly and today is my first day here. I was having a great day and then I got the afternoon munchies. I just snacked my way through 800 calories, eek! I haven't had dinner yet and have used all my calories for the day.

Tommorow is a fresh start and I am not snacking anymore today. So anyways I am new here and obviously need it very much!

Kelly
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    Hi Kelly, and welcome to THE best site on the web!
    Between the easy to use food counter (which by the way is SUCH an eye opener!) and all the wonderfully supportive members, you WILL be able to lose the weight that you want to, AND, it'll "almost" be easy doing it!
    I recommend logging ALL your foods BEFORE you have them, rather than later, as it tends to lead to better food choices. (not to mention you'll know if you've got enough numbers left to have a night time snack, like I ALWAYS try to do!) Some people also like to weigh and measure some things, such as meats, rather than just estimating and possibly being WAY off!
    Also, drink lots of water, that seems to help alot too. :drinker:
  • sonshinemom
    Options
    thank you so much for your encouragement! You have done great! I hope to lose 1 pound a week. I am a new Mom with a nursing baby so I am trying to not stress too much on day 1 and to cut back gradually. It is tough , so very tough though.

This site has the easiest food/calorie counter I have ever used. It is awesome!

Kelly
  • greatginew
    Options
    Hi Kelly, Welcome to MFP. Congratulations on your new baby! Keep in mind your body needs extra healthy nutrients since you're nursing - of course you know that :)' If your into munchies... try putting grapes in the freezer. The frozen grapes are better than a popsicle. And, my personal fav is celery w/Smart Balance peanut butter. The celery/pb alleviate the 'crunchy munchy' cravings.