I'm looking for delicious low sugar breakfast ideas?

Okay so I'm fighting a Candida infection and right now my breakfast consists of 125g of carbs and 64g of sugar so I'm looking for a delicious low sugar breakfast that fills me up and has enough calories to prevent me from losing weight. And by low sugar, I don't mean super low. I just mean a significant reduction compared to what I'm eating now. I'm a picky eater and I like cereal and milk with fruit for breakfast but that's how much sugar I'm eating total just from a bowl of cereal and milk with fruit. I've eaten eggo waffles in the past which has significantly less sugar than what I'm eating now but still a lot. I plan on having eggs, toast, and fruit 2 days a week which is a good breakfast but I need variety so I don't want to have that every day. Any ideas? I really need it to be delicious, filling, and have a lot of calories or at least a decent amount to prevent me from losing weight. Thanks in advance!

Replies

• M30834134
    M30834134 Posts: 411 Member
    egg whites
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Cheese.
    Cheese and peanut butter.
    Porridge with cheese and peanut butter.
  • Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Bacon, eggs and cheese. That's easy.
  • louise13dunstan
    louise13dunstan Posts: 74 Member
    Eggs with a touch of double cream,cheese and bacon. Yum full of good fats,protein. Will keep u satisfied for ages
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    I like crustless quiche, mini egg muffins, scrambled eggs with veggies or vegetable "hash" topped with a runny egg
  • Lorleee
    Lorleee Posts: 369 Member
    My go-to is eggs and turkey bacon
  • raymax4
    raymax4 Posts: 6,070 Member
    Do you like avocados? I mash a boiled egg with 2 oz avocado and spread it on a slice of whole grain toast.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Eggs and bacon or sausage, or leftovers.
  • SkagitYogini
    SkagitYogini Posts: 112 Member
    Oatmeal with a few nuts and craisins. Also, Uncle Sam's cereal has tons of fiber and very little sugar. You'd be able to add fruit and still have a lower sugar breakfast.
  • olsko
    olsko Posts: 2 Member
    Paleo pancakes. 1 banana (mash). 2 eggs. (Optional add teaspoon of coconut flour for thickness). (Optional add dashes of cinnamon). Mix. Cook batter over coconut oil (optional). Top w 1 cup of blueberries and 1 cut banana. Optional blue agave syrup (has lots of sugar, use cautiously). Enjoy.
    All ingredients organic optional.
    Look on youtube for paleo pancakes. I twerked a bit of the above recipe myself because the recipes on youtube and other recipes needed some help. Fills and serves 1 6'0 male. Possible 2 servings for female.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    It depends on what you like.

I like to eat vegetables with my meals and a good bit of protein with breakfast, so my normal breakfast is a vegetable omelet (usually spinach and broccoli, but depends on what I have) with 2 eggs and feta cheese and maybe some mushrooms. On the side I have either cottage cheese, plain greek yogurt, or smoked salmon. I also might have some fruit.

My alternative breakfast is probably more your kind of thing: steel cut oats with berries and then some vegetables on the side. I usually add protein powder to the oatmeal and if I did not I'd add some protein to the side dish in some way (leftover chicken breast, tofu, smoked salmon, etc.).

Anyway, none of that is high sugar.
  • grwrn
    grwrn Posts: 184 Member
    I had scrambled egg whites with chopped spinach and sweet pepper with a dash of shredded low fat cheese this morning and it was good.