Geared to fail myself?

Options
Hey, so for a long time I was counting around 1300-1600 calories a day. The past two weeks I have had horrible night sweet tooth. Is there a link between the two? I have put on about 8lbs in the two weeks. I do pure cardio everyother day for over 60 minutes. I hit the weights on all other days with 15-20 minutes of light cardio at the end of those sessions. When I eat any carbs at all I tend to gain mass amounts of weight (it's really horrible). I also was drink alcohol a lot of these nights. Does alcohol really make you accumulate that much?

Replies

• RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    To gain 1lb you have to have consumed 3500 calories over maintenance. It is highly unlikely that you consumed 28000 calories over in just 2 weeks.
    More likely some of it is water weight from the increased carbs.

Is there a reason you cut so low, down to 1300-1600? I'm a small female and I eat 1740 a day to maintain.
  • kevinanderson520562
    Options
    Alcohol has a lot more calories than you would think but I don't think that is the issue. If you work out that much on that few calories, and you look like your picture then you may be putting on muscle which ways much more than fat.

The best way to see if this is true is find other ways to measure yourself beyond just the scale. With a tape measure, or body fat % if you have access to that.

Also, some people react to carbs differently and they end up absorbing a lot more water when they are present.