Help!!

Options
I am trying my best to stick to my diet, but I am an emotional eater so its a big problem for me. Im trying my best but I keep feeling the urge to eat.:brokenheart:

Replies

• sidneyrose
    Options
    I am trying my best to stick to my diet, but I am an emotional eater so its a big problem for me. Im trying my best but I keep feeling the urge to eat.:brokenheart:
  • renae77
    renae77 Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Drink some water or call someone just to talk to them to get your mind off of eating. You can do this so don't give up or give in!
  • Bride092909
    Options
    Hang in there. Sometimes when I'm really emotional I try going for a walk or eating a small piece of chocolate, then going for a walk and listening to my ipod and if I still want something when I get back from my walk (around 15-30 minutes) then I'll have an apple and peanut butter.

Hope this helps!
    :wink:

98244.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Journal
  • sidneyrose
    Options
    thank you, i needed that. This is a lot harder when your trying to do it at home alone. No one to say no you dont want to eat that. Im sure it only gets worse.:ohwell:
  • greatginew
    Options
    The fact that you recognize that you're an 'emotional eater' is a huge step. Maybe try to keep only 'good for you' foods around.
  • BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    I am reading a book right now called "I Wish I Were Thin, I Wish I Were Fat" and it addresses the deeper issues that cause us to overeat. I am not that far into it yet, but so far it seems to have a lot of good information. I found my copy at Borders on the clearance rack for $2.99, and you could probably find it online. It might help...it's helping me!

On a side note, hot tea helps too...when I get the urge to eat, sometimes I can make the craving go away if I have a cup of really flavorful tea with some artificial sweetener. Also, another trick that I've done is to fill my cupboards with low calorie snacks so that when I get the urge to eat, I am surrounded by healthier options like sugar free puddings, jello, baby carrots, wheat crackers, Fiber One bars, etc. Yes, if it's a binge I still go over my calories, but I'm going over a lot less than I would if I were to be snacking on potato chips and cookies.
  • sidneyrose
    Options
    Thank you all so much:smile: