New to MFP

Options
tonilea12
tonilea12 Posts: 1 Member
edited September 2015 in Introduce Yourself
Hello,
My name is Toni. I am not super overweight, but I am not comfortable where I'm at. I would like to lose at least 20 pounds or until my clothes fit more comfortable again. I currently take dance fitness and tabata classes. I have cut my carbs and am focusing more on protein, fruits and veggies. Hopefully that works! :) I'm looking forward to reading other's experiences.

Replies

• PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Hi Toni :]
    Your exercise routine sounds excellent, well done for focusing on good choices! Don't worry about cutting carbs, you can still lose weight with as many carbs as you like as long as you are eating at a deficit. Carbs are my favourite and I eat them daily and love it! Because I'm not going over my calorie allowance, I lose regardless of the macro's I eat. Just something to keep in mind in case you want to change it up a bit! Wishing you the very best of luck!
  • Eldow1977
    Eldow1977 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hi Toni, welcome to MFP. You sound like you're a very active lady and I hope you shift the extra bit that you want. My advise would be that as long as you eat at a deficit and only eat back up to 75% of the calories earned from the exercise you should see it come down. Doesn't matter whether it low carb or high protein. If you are looking to tone or define that's when you might want to look at high protein for work outs. Hope you get on alright.