Exercise helping with stress

Jenn421
Jenn421 Posts: 56
edited September 28 in Health and Weight Loss
hey all i have a very stressful job and trying really hard to lose weight I would like to exercise when I'm mad but I get to frustrated and then dont Want to if anyone has any advice for which exercises I could do for something to help me out I would appreciate it thanks

Replies

• cjs3001
    cjs3001 Posts: 273 Member
    For me it's something really fast with really loud music. I go on my thigh stepper or my bike with some dance music and just pound it out. I hope you can find something that works for you!
  • crackerjack345
    crackerjack345 Posts: 129 Member
    Try to find something you love to do. I love to swim, and so I've been going to water aerobics and swimming laps. I love basketball and volleyball so I've been playing with a group of ladies at my church on Tues & Weds. I just can't STAND the treadmill, and ellipticals are evil torcher devices (for me). Now, when I'm having a bad day I look forward to my workouts and almost nothing will keep me from them. :~) Good luck in your journey!!
  • swimming!!!
  • guppygirl322
    guppygirl322 Posts: 408 Member
    Run! I just started couch to 5k last Sunday. It is hands down the best for stress. If you can't run, WALK. I've been walking for about 3 months on a regular basis. If you can walk outside it really helps beat the stress. I don't know if it's the fresh air or what, but just getting out of the house seems to lift my mood.
  • or kick-boxing
  • GaveUp
    GaveUp Posts: 308
    Even if you take a walk it will help to clear your mind.
  • 82song
    82song Posts: 30 Member
    nothing like boxing to get the frustration out!!!
  • rvlashn
    rvlashn Posts: 4 Member
    I started jogging and running just for this reason. I've been diagnosed with depression since I was very young, with lots of anger issues and cardio exercise has been my savior. I love to put on loud, angry, or very fast beat music with my earbuds and run 3-4 miles. Of course, I didn't start out running that much, so if you're new to running start out slow.
  • sars_68
    sars_68 Posts: 308 Member
    I'd say boxing too!
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Running helps to relieve my stress. OR Tae Bo. Something about punching, kicking and moving fast that helps relieve the stress too. :) Add in some Linkin Park on my IPod and I'm good to go.
  • Mommawarrior
    Mommawarrior Posts: 897 Member
    If I am in a bad mood....I RUN. If I say "I am going running" no one at my house even replies, they know better.
  • Jenn421
    Jenn421 Posts: 56
    Thanks guys I got in trouble at work for something really stupid and they tried to suspend me for it so I'm so angry and won't stop bothering me
This discussion has been closed.