Im new and just don't know where to start

Options
Hi Im a 50 year old who over the years took care of everyone but herself trying to loose weight and just don't know where to start or go at this point. I have tried every diet known to man and failed them all some more than others it isn't like I want to be skinny at my weight that wont ever happen just not as huge as I am now. and to feel better about myself.

Replies

• Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    You start by making small changes and try to at least walk everyday. Log everything you eat even if you go over. Be honest with yourself about what you want and need. Don't expect support at home. Do it for you and you alone! I am here daily for support if you want to add me. I expect you will support me back! Good Luck!
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    You start by registering with MFP and getting your daily calorie goal. You will need a digital food scale--they are cheap--and start weighing and logging everything you put in your mouth. Don't worry, it takes a while to get the hang of it. Try to stay within your calorie goal everyday. When you exercise, even a half hour walk, log it in your exercise diary for the day. The more exercise you do the more MFP will give you to eat. This is how you start. Weigh yourself once a week on the same day, at the same time. It's good to take measurements and write them down. This will give you a good idea of your progress as you go on. Best of luck. B)
  • madamebaco
    madamebaco Posts: 17 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    First day and I'm already almost out of calories and it's not even dinner time! I'm sure it will get easier :)
  • Okie_Gal
    Okie_Gal Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I started a low carb diet and it's easier for me! Eat all u want but can only have 2 carbs. U can eat all the meat, pork rinds and eggs u want...along with other stuff!
  • buechler83
    buechler83 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    HOW DO YOU COMPLAIN TO MYFITNESS PAL FOR CHANGING THE FORMAT YET AGAIN??? I HAVE LOST 30LBS SINCE APRIL BY USING THIS PROGRAM AND YET AGAIN THEY HAVE CHANGED THE FORMAT!!!! STOP!!!!
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    stewartm82 wrote: »
    I started a low carb diet and it's easier for me! Eat all u want but can only have 2 carbs. U can eat all the meat, pork rinds and eggs u want...along with other stuff!

and as long as you are at a calorie deficit of course :)
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10244635/women-ages-50-for-september-2015#latest

This is a nice link for ladies. A great group of woman just doing the journey. There is no "joining" just click on the star that is on the right (across from the title) and it should turn yellow. That will make it show up in the "saved" threads represented by the black star to the right of the bell. There is normally 80 posts daily from us just yakking, asking questions and supporting one another.
  • emmagrace0818
    emmagrace0818 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I just shared an article on my page about how just small tweaks to an unhealthy lifestyle can help you lose weight in itself.. This site is an excellent place to turn, with motivational people and an excellent logging system.. As long as you log and stay within your allowed calories and get some exercise in, you'll do fantastic.. You can add me if you'd like
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    this is already an excellent site, with modivational people and an great logging system. I have a folder of food journals I print out each day to prove that. Im just sayin....