Breakfast Help!!!!

Options
Crimson21
Crimson21 Posts: 148 Member
So I have a challenge for everyone! I have a very difficult time finding something to eat in the morning. Here's why:

1 - I can't eat eggs, they just don't agree with me
2 - I absolutely hate poridge
3 - I hate pancakes
4 - Banana's don't agree with me either
5 - Toast usually makes me gag
6 - Cereal makes me gag too :S

So you can see my dilemma....I hate all the things that people usually eat for breakfast. Does anyone have any recipes that I could try for breakfast?

Replies

• MsMadmagic
    MsMadmagic Posts: 66
    Options
    How about Fruit and Low fat Yogurt?:laugh:
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Have you been checked for Celiac's disease? You sound like you have a gluten intolerance. If you do even yogurt or any processed food will upset your stomach because of all the gluten. You should ask the Doctor next time you go.
  • jskirch
    jskirch Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    How about a smoothie with protein powder, yogurt, milk and frozen fruit.
  • Crimson21
    Options
    Well things like yogurt and fruit and smoothies don't even seem to make a dent in my stomach. After I eat, I'm still absolutely starving.
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    What do you eat now?
  • wysmom2000
    wysmom2000 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Why do we equate breakfast with toast, eggs and sausage? Breakfast is just a meal like any other. If you want to eat chicken and vegetables, why can't you?
  • Strive2BLean
    Strive2BLean Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    There is no rule that says you have to eat breakfast foods for breakfast. You can eat anything else that doesn't bother your stomach. How about cheese & crackers or fruit with yogurt, lunch meats or a sandwich of some sort. Peanut butter & jelly is good too. Left overs from dinner. There are lots of food choices other than traditional breakfast foods. Go with what yoo like.
  • ellenangel
    ellenangel Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    No rules saying you have to eat breakfast foods- what kind of stuff do you like? A turkey wrap? Pita pizza? The main thing is to get food in your system after a night of sleep- doesn't have to be "breakfast".

Some ideas:

- Cook brown rice with raisins and chopped apple added to the water for the last 10 mins. Leave in the fridge overnight to cool then mix with yogurt and cinnamon in the morning. Kind of like a healthy rice pudding!
    - Cereal, fruit and yogurt is a staple for me- I like bran flakes a lot but often have something like an apple, chopped and microwaved then topped with fat free Greek yogurt and a crushed granola bar or 1/4 cup of granola. Like cobbler for breakfast :smile:
    - Baked sweet potato with cottage cheese, cinnamon and apple sauce (sounds weird but it's delicious!)
    - Wholewheat wrap with refried beans, salsa, a little cheese and stir-fried veg (mushrooms, broccoli...whatever you like!)
    - Wholewheat English muffins with light cream cheese, tomato and smoked salmon/turkey
  • QueenHanifa
    QueenHanifa Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    try having some almonds with your smoothie.I have the same problem with breakfast meals and have a bigger problem with dairy.i usuallt switch up either hash brown patties or smoothies and almonds(high in calories but lots of good fat)
  • mapexdrummer69
    Options
    Are you generally hungry at breakfast? If not, just skip it and eat lunch when you're hungrier.

If you are hungry in the morning, then it doesn't matter what you eat. Never make yourself eat a food you don't want.
  • lmelangley
    lmelangley Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    My daughter's favorite breakfast is vegetable soup made with chicken broth, and a couple of slices of french bread. If she doesn't have that, she likes toast with cheese melted on top. I'm personally bad about breakfast, usually opting to carry around about a serving of Kelloggs mini shredded wheat bites and munching throughout the morning. Good luck!
  • Crimson21
    Options
    I know it's not a good idea to skip breakfast in the morning because it's the most important meal of the day, and you need it to really get your metabolism going for the day. I'm always hungry when I wake up, but struggle with finding something to eat. But thank you everyone for all the great ideas!!!!! That rice pudding and cobler look really really yummy. As of right now, I eat orange-cranberry breakfast pitas with low calorie/low fat margarine and orange pekoe tea in the morning. I actually really love it, but sometimes I get really tired of eating the same thing over and over again.