Ttc with pcos

Options
hi I'm Anne and I'm 33. I have pcos and I have an apple shaped body, slowly getting back into eating healthy whole foods and trying to get past my thyroid and pcos problems. I just started taking flax seed and that's been helpful in keeping me energized. I'd love to meet others who are also fighting pcos and thyroid and ttc. Good luck!

Replies

• azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    Good for you--there are all kinds of studies that show that losing weight BEFORE you get pregnant has great benefits.

Do you know about Clomid? I wish someone had told me about this when I was younger--I was always told that there was just no way that I could get pregnant. Have had a hysterectomy now, so that ship has sailed, unfortunately.

Good luck!
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    Make sure you are on the right dosage of thyroid meds, talk to your endocrinologist about ttc and ask for more frequent than usual tests.
    Lose the weight and aim not just for the healthy weight level, but, from my experience and what my dr insisted upon, on the lower part of the healthy range.
    Regardless of calorie goals and weight loss rate, make sure you are physically active.
    And be patient

I have pcos and I am hypothyroid. I have finally managed to have 3 kids, without medical interventions.
  • luckyduck8801
    luckyduck8801 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm on 88mcg levothyroxine and I'd love to be off of these meds. I made it known to my doctors that having kids is very important. I'm stubborn. I don't know too much about clomid other then that you get some mood swings. I'm hoping to learn a lot about getting healthy, lose some weight and make some friends.
  • hunnnybee
    hunnnybee Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Hi I have PCOS and an underactive thyroid I am off medicine at the moment beacuse my levels were acceptble while pregnant. I feel horible now and am waqiting to go back to endocrinologst. I have been counting my macros and trying to keep my calories in check to lose weight and I feel discouraged. Feel free to add me