Back to the beginning...

Options
Hello everyone. I am starting out today after MANY months (more than a year) of being off track and going crazy with food. I've gained almost 20 pounds (on top of the the 75 lbs I already had to lose) and have really let myself go. SO disappointed... I don't have a huge support system and so I am reaching out to this online world and hoping to find a group where we can support, check-in, encourage each other.

I am 43, single woman, in Los Angeles, teacher, wanna-be athlete, and hope to meet like-minded women and men who would like to support each other online on a daily basis. I tend to start things and then give up... and would love for this time to be different.

Ideas? Thoughts? Thanks in advance for this forum!!

:)

Replies

• sherendipity
    Options
    Your story is a lot like mine. Once did well....fell off the wagon...starting again with shame and angst.
    I also don't have a huge support system. I have a bunch of people that will tell me I did great after the results are there, but they won't be able to take any of the credit of supporting me on my journey.
    I just sent you a friend request. I'll be happy to help out with as much encouragement as I can.
  • JenKoz4
    JenKoz4 Posts: 37
    Options
    Preach it, sister. I can not tell you how many times I've just been like "**** it, I want waffles" and then it leads to another week or two of eating nothing but crap that I shouldn't be eating. You've come to the right place, thats for sure.

Good luck!
  • fridaysgal
    fridaysgal Posts: 37
    Options
    Same story here as well. I know we can lose the weight and KEEP IT OFF with the support of great people who know what the struggle is like!

Feel free to add me....
  • hollyteech
    hollyteech Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the kind and motivational words. Going to try to do this one day at a time. I know that logging in my food and exercise will at least be a good way to start and I'll be lurking around the message boards. I should clarify, that while I do have many wonderful friends and family, most aren't sharing my struggle. My work place is a haven for unhealthy snacks and it takes every ounce of will power to say "no".

Thanks again and feel free to add me as a friends and we can keep in touch and motivate eachother.
    Best,
    Holly:happy: