Here I go again!!

Options
I have been a member of MFP for a couple years with many ups and downs .. I had success.. Against all odds I fell in love with running!! Nobody was more shocked than me. I signed up for a couple half marathons, trained regularly and lost thirty pounds. I was in great physical shape and was in complete awe of what I had accomplished.

Then life happened...while preparing for a move across the country, I fell off track... I moved thousands of kilometres away from all my family and friends for my fiancé's job. I definitely turned to food for comfort. It has taken a couple months to get settled and mentally prepared to get serious about my health again.

I am giving it all I have this time!! Not only have I recommitted to a running plan, but I have also taken day 1 pictures. This was something I really regretted not doing the first time around. I turn to the success story forums on a regular basis to motivate/inspire me and would love to post my own progress someday.

I am 4'11" I currently weigh 153 lbs. and my goal is 120 lbs. Can't wait to take progress pics along the way!

Success story coming soon...

Replies

• dewey1971
    dewey1971 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I ran my weight off then had to stop marathoning. Kept eating at a marathon pace. Just now getting back on control. All the best!
  • BrendaS03
    BrendaS03 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Thanks!!
    All the best in your journey also :)
  • Debmal77
    Debmal77 Posts: 4,770 Member
    Options
    I have moved away from my family too for the same reason. I know how hard it is. I'm sure you will be back on track soon!
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    These things happen - Life happens and we fall off 'track' and fluctuate here and there - you are totally normal :]
    It's fantastic to see you getting back in to it and your steps to get to goal sound really positive, realistic and FUN! Finding something you enjoy will definitely help the process so the fact that you love to run is fantastic! Wishing you the best of luck.