NSV

Options
jujudot
jujudot Posts: 129 Member
I finally gathered up all the courage I could and I started my running program today. I haven't ran (any shape or form) in at least 15 years....and I feel GREAT! I was so nervous about what other people would think watching my fat behind run/walk around town, but for whatever reason this morning I DIDN'T CARE and I ran!!! :) I did my walk 5 min, run 1 min for a total of 30 mins.....and I rocked it! LOL

Just had to share.....

Replies

• maddymama
    maddymama Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    I'm so proud of you!
  • Terri_74
    Terri_74 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    FAB!!! You are doing a great job..:)
  • miss01k
    miss01k Posts: 13
    Options
    I used to feel the same way about running in my neighborhood. I would actually stop and walk if cars drove by! Now, I just don't care! Keep up the great work!
  • j_fattler
    j_fattler Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    you are awesome!
  • staceyrrad
    staceyrrad Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I had the same problem when I started! But I kept telling myself, everyone has to start somewhere!!

You should be so proud! I am so happy for you!

Here's to a new running you!
  • tim_jennings
    tim_jennings Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!

I know how you feel, I felt the same way last year when I first started going to the gym. "What are all these thin fit people going to think about the fat man on the treadmill?" but I did it anyways and last October I completed a half marathon (running about 1/3 and walking 2/3).

Now although I am still obese, the people at my gym come up to me and thank me for inspiring them. They say that seeing me get out there and do it without letting the possibility of embarrasment stop me has inspired them to continue where they might otherwise have given up or just gotten too busy to exercise regularly.

This year I am working more on loosing weight and interval training so I can improve my time (and lessen the impact on my knees and ankles).

You can do this, don't let what anyone else might think stop you!
  • Fraileya19
    Fraileya19 Posts: 42
    Options
    You are awesome!!
  • rosieef
    rosieef Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Well done you, that's awesome! I know how you feel, I haven't plucked up the courage to do it yet!
  • Cccaroline
    Cccaroline Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    What a great NSV!! You should be really proud, onwards and upwards for you!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!