Giving this my all.

Options
Hi there everyone.

My name is Ariane, though some people have given me the nickname Aerial. Either is fine.

My weight issues started in the 5th grade. I was 180 lbs 5th grader and from there, I only increased in size. It started when my parents were going through a nasty divorce. I turned to food and have ever since. Each year, I got progressively bigger. Currently residing at 340 lbs.

I've tried numerous diets, only to fail each one. This time though, I'd like to see this through. Trim down to at least 200 lbs. I could definitely use motivation, so if you're looking for new friends, add me! :)

Replies

• Eldow1977
    Eldow1977 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hi Ariane, welcome to MFP. You made a good decision in joining here and there is lots of support for you. I joined MFP about 3 weeks ago and initially started at 304 lbs. You don't say how old you are but I'm guess not very old. I'm 38 and like you have always struggled with my weight but this plan has been one of the best decisions I even made. I've tried a few diets but would rather choose food over denying myself. I don't have to deny myself anything now and I don't feel hungry. I don't have to exercise, yeah!!! Hope you do well.
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Welcome :]

It's great to see you here, well done for making that first step (sometimes even admitting you want to change can be really difficult so respect to you for that!). You can turn this situation around with dedication but I would suggest speaking to somebody professional about your relationship with food. I really think first and foremost you need to deal with why you have over eaten your whole life and how you plan to deal with hard situations in the future that don't include eating. Comfort eating is a very common thing, so you are definitely not alone in that.

I really wish you the best of luck here. You'll find a lot of support and advice whenever you need it so don't be afraid to drop by :]
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome
  • skeeblue8
    skeeblue8 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I am starting over. I gained all the weight I lost and now I am ready to start over.