What should I do now that I'm at my goal weight?

I'm recovering from anorexia and I have giant hit my goal weight of 105 lbs (side note: I'm 5'4). This is the agreed upon weight with my doctor and nutritionist. I've been eating 2300 calories. I don't see my nutritionist until Monday. What should I do with my intake until then? I don't want to keep gaining, but I can't lose anymore. Please help me figure out; it's causing me a lot of anxiety.

Replies

• IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    bluecat145 wrote: »
    I'm recovering from anorexia and I have giant hit my goal weight of 105 lbs (side note: I'm 5'4). This is the agreed upon weight with my doctor and nutritionist. I've been eating 2300 calories. I don't see my nutritionist until Monday. What should I do with my intake until then? I don't want to keep gaining, but I can't lose anymore. Please help me figure out; it's causing me a lot of anxiety.

Until you meet your nutritionist, you could always switch to maintenance calories to prevent weight gain, or loss.
  • EatwellLivehappy
    EatwellLivehappy Posts: 34 Member
    Maintain Maintain Maintain! Continue eating your assigned amount of calories until you see your nutritionist on Monday--or switch to maintenance calories like above suggested. The likelihood that you will gain more on 2300 is small.

Do you have any anxiety exercises that will help you till Monday? I know Monday may seem far away but any exercises that you can do until then will make a huge difference.

If you ever need support please message me. I totally understand that this is a really tough thing to go through. Recovery is the hardest part but HUGE congratulations to getting to your goal weight! That is an amazing feat! Can't wait to see where you go from here!
  • dizzler1
    dizzler1 Posts: 48 Member
    Well done for meeting your goal weight , some great advice above in particular maintain Cals . Try not to stress waiting for Monday
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    Leave your intake the same, you are still on the low side of BMI. Monday is tomorrow...Try some meditation, take a walk, or some relaxing yoga to deal with your anxiety.
  • fitrep1
    fitrep1 Posts: 22 Member
    Maintain Maintain Maintain! Continue eating your assigned amount of calories until you see your nutritionist on Monday--or switch to maintenance calories like above suggested. The likelihood that you will gain more on 2300 is small.

Do you have any anxiety exercises that will help you till Monday? I know Monday may seem far away but any exercises that you can do until then will make a huge difference.

If you ever need support please message me. I totally understand that this is a really tough thing to go through. Recovery is the hardest part but HUGE congratulations to getting to your goal weight! That is an amazing feat! Can't wait to see where you go from here!

I totally agree! When I start to stress, I grab a chair and a bottle of water and just watch this tree in my back yard sway and just focus on the movement. I'm not sure why that particular tree keeps me grounded but it does.