HG Pizzafied Chicken-Anyone Tried It?

Options
lsd007
lsd007 Posts: 435
Saw this on her show the other day and it looked interesting. Has anyone tried it? If so, did you/your family like it? I'm having a hard time coming up with ways to cook chicken breast without boring my husband to death. Thanks! :flowerforyou:

5 oz. raw boneless skinless lean chicken breast cutlet, pounded to 1/2-inch thickness
1/4 tsp. garlic powder, or more to taste

1/4 tsp. onion powder, or more to taste
1/8 tsp. salt, or more to taste

1/8 tsp. black pepper, or more to taste
1/4 cup diced green bell pepper

1/4 cup sliced mushrooms
2 tbsp. diced onion

1/4 cup canned crushed tomatoes
1 stick light string cheese

4 slices turkey pepperoni, (like the kind by Hormel), chopped

1 tsp. reduced-fat Parmesan-style grated topping
Optional garnishes: crushed red pepper, fresh oregano

Season chicken with garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and black pepper. Set aside.

Bring two skillets sprayed with nonstick spray to medium heat on the stove. In one skillet, cook bell pepper, mushrooms, and onion until softened, 4 - 6 minutes. In the other skillet, cook chicken until cooked through, about 3 minutes per side. (Alternatively, use one skillet and cook the veggies and chicken consecutively.)

Place crushed tomatoes in a small bowl and season to taste with garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and black pepper. Evenly spoon seasoned tomatoes onto chicken in skillet. Tear string cheese into pieces and place over the tomatoes.

Top chicken with veggies and turkey pepperoni. Cover and continue to cook until cheese softens, 1 - 2 minutes.

Plate your pizza-fied chicken and sprinkle with grated topping. Garnish with crushed red pepper and oregano, if you like. Enjoy!

MAKES 1 SERVING

PER SERVING (entire recipe): 282 calories, 5.75g fat, 868mg sodium, 10g carbs, 2g fiber, 4.5g sugars, 44g protein -- PointsPlus® value 6*

Prep: 15 minutes
Cook: 15 minutes

Replies

• RILEYRED
    RILEYRED Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    NO, BUT IT SOUNDS VERY GOOD!!:drinker: THANKS, RED
  • hoosiermama1977
    Options
    I saw it a bit ago and we tried it and LOVED it - even my picky kids loved it!!! In fact now I'm hungry for it again :)
  • MiniMichelle
    MiniMichelle Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    bump- Saw it on the show too:happy:
  • sassylilmama
    sassylilmama Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    seems yummy adding it to my list of must try's
  • haulinbuns
    haulinbuns Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Sounds goods will have to try this week
  • lsd007
    Options
    I'm making it tomorrow night, I'll let you all know how it turns out! :smile:
  • mollygirl61
    Options
    This sounds really good. I must try it out thank you. :flowerforyou:
  • LadyKT
    LadyKT Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I have the cookbook with this recipe in it. I have to admit it's one of the first recipes I tried when I bought it!! :bigsmile:
  • fatty2fabby
    fatty2fabby Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    yum i love this one and her boneless wing recipe
    ur hubs should love that 1 x

Ready for a crispy, hot boneless buffalo wing swap? You BETTER be. These spicy nuggets will blow your mind! And for an all-out b-wing experience, serve 'em with celery sticks and some low-cal bleu cheese or ranch dressing (mmmm!)...

Ingredients:
    8 oz. raw boneless skinless lean chicken breast, cut into 10 nugget-shaped pieces
    1/4 cup Fiber One bran cereal (original), ground to a breadcrumb-like consistency in a blender or food processor
    1 oz. (about 14 crisps) Pringles Light Fat Free Potato Crisps, Barbecue (or another fat-free BBQ-flavored potato chip)
    3 tbsp. Frank's RedHot Original Cayenne Pepper Sauce
    dash onion powder
    dash garlic powder
    dash cayenne pepper
    dash black pepper
    dash salt

Directions:
    Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Crush potato crisps completely and, in a small dish, mix with cereal crumbs. Add a dash of each of the seasonings and mix well. Place chicken pieces in a separate dish, and cover and toss with Frank's RedHot. Spray a baking pan with nonstick spray. Give each chicken piece a shake (so it's not dripping with RedHot), and then coat it evenly with the crumb mixture. Lay the battered nuggets on the baking pan. Place in the oven, and bake for 10 minutes. Then flip the wings over, and return them to the oven for 10 more minutes, or until outsides are crispy and chicken is cooked throughout. MAKES 2 SERVINGS

Serving Size: 5 wings (half of recipe)
    Calories: 175
    Fat: 1.5g
    Sodium: 1,153mg**
    Carbs: 14g
    Fiber: 4g
    Sugars: <1g
    Protein: 27g

POINTS® value 3*
  • lsd007
    Options
    yum i love this one and her boneless wing recipe
    ur hubs should love that 1 x

Ready for a crispy, hot boneless buffalo wing swap? You BETTER be. These spicy nuggets will blow your mind! And for an all-out b-wing experience, serve 'em with celery sticks and some low-cal bleu cheese or ranch dressing (mmmm!)...

Ingredients:
    8 oz. raw boneless skinless lean chicken breast, cut into 10 nugget-shaped pieces
    1/4 cup Fiber One bran cereal (original), ground to a breadcrumb-like consistency in a blender or food processor
    1 oz. (about 14 crisps) Pringles Light Fat Free Potato Crisps, Barbecue (or another fat-free BBQ-flavored potato chip)
    3 tbsp. Frank's RedHot Original Cayenne Pepper Sauce
    dash onion powder
    dash garlic powder
    dash cayenne pepper
    dash black pepper
    dash salt

Directions:
    Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Crush potato crisps completely and, in a small dish, mix with cereal crumbs. Add a dash of each of the seasonings and mix well. Place chicken pieces in a separate dish, and cover and toss with Frank's RedHot. Spray a baking pan with nonstick spray. Give each chicken piece a shake (so it's not dripping with RedHot), and then coat it evenly with the crumb mixture. Lay the battered nuggets on the baking pan. Place in the oven, and bake for 10 minutes. Then flip the wings over, and return them to the oven for 10 more minutes, or until outsides are crispy and chicken is cooked throughout. MAKES 2 SERVINGS

Serving Size: 5 wings (half of recipe)
    Calories: 175
    Fat: 1.5g
    Sodium: 1,153mg**
    Carbs: 14g
    Fiber: 4g
    Sugars: <1g
    Protein: 27g

POINTS® value 3*

This looks great too, thanks!!

And I made the pizza-fied chicken tonight. I loved it! Hubs won't be home from work until around 3 am but I think he will enjoy it too! :smile: