any other coca cola addicts out there??

Options
Hello!!! I have heard so many people say "I lost weight just by cutting soda out of my diet" I know coca cola is loaded in sugar and carbs, but eliminating them from diet is not something I am willing to do. Yes! I would rather workout for hours just to have that bubbly carbonated glass of heaven.LOL!! I am however limiting my consumption of coke to 8oz per day. My question is has anyone else continued to drink soda and successfully lost weight?

Replies

• nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    I'm afraid it didn't work for me, but I think it has for many, especially the diet cola drinkers.
  • hamptontom
    hamptontom Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    this was an easy transition for me, as i switched to diet versions long before i started this program. coincidentally, i just had this conversation with someone earlier today...at first it was odd, but now - quite some time later - i can't really drink the straight stuff. it's like drinking cotton candy to me.

something to think about.
  • jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    Just take a quick read on what that drink does to your body and you won't want to drink another one anytime soon. Plus if it's the carbonation that has you hooked, why not switch to San paragrino or another carbonated water.
  • jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    I haven't touched pop in over 7 months. Once you stop it becomes no problem avoiding it.
  • Jokersurv
    Jokersurv Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I tried to continue drinking coke and diet before but could not loose the weight. As soon as I stopped drinking all soda I dropped 9 pounds my first month. I only drink soda as a once a month reward
  • MissElectricEyeliner
    Options
    I drink diet soda everyday and I'm down 37lbs.
  • mandymay01
    mandymay01 Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    I try so hard not to drink any. But if im having a bad day I usally will have one
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    I do not like to drink my calories anymore other than protein shakes... I really like to eat all of mine.

I really have no need for my choices of coke, mt dew, dr pepper, root beer.. I have a diet one of these every now and then at dinner... it just sort worked out that way when I knew I could eat 150 to 200 calories of extra food or more if I had more than 12 ounces in a day.
  • Wildstorms
    Wildstorms Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I drink a lot or Pepsi Max/ diet cola. It tends to be my 'go to' instead of chocolate. I tend to overeat when tired/ stressed, so it's good to have a 'treat' toast doesn't knock me off target.

Don't know how bad it is in the long term, I normally only drink water/ tea.
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    As long as you account for the calories in the soda, it should not hinder weightless from a calorie deficit perspective. However, if you are one of those people for whom the sweetness of soda kicks off cravings for other sweet things, causing you to overeat or not be able to hit your macros/micros, that could be an issue. Limiting yourself to 8 oz per day sounds perfectly reasonable if you want to keep drinking soda.
  • brilynn79
    brilynn79 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I was right there with you. Mcdonalds Coke was my favorite. I am now the longest that I have ever been coke fre. 4.5 weeks! I first switched out for sweet tea, then half sweet. Now I'm trying to cut that down even more. I am trying to avoid artificial sweetners. I can't say that I really have lost any weight, but am hoping the 600+ calories I'm saving will pay off. I do think if you can do it in moderation and fit it in, you can still do it. I'm just an all or nothing person.
  • TamLam99
    TamLam99 Posts: 247 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    I have an entire shelf in my fridge filled with Coke Zero and Diet Coke :) I also drink a ton of water and coffee too.

I would have a hard time spending calories on non diet soda, luckily I like the diet stuff.

And I'm down 27 pounds and still going.
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    jessef593 wrote: »
    Just take a quick read on what that drink does to your body and you won't want to drink another one anytime soon. Plus if it's the carbonation that has you hooked, why not switch to San paragrino or another carbonated water.

The half truths put into memes are not reality.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options

What is it doing to me?
  • Kexessa
    Kexessa Posts: 346 Member
    Options

What is it doing to me?

Nothing. There is some graphic floating around that is all doom and gloom and would have you believe drinking a diet soda was as harmful and sticking a syringe full of heroin in your arm.

• psinn265
    psinn265 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    For me, diet coke was a trigger for wanting more sweets. I kicked it after Christmas 2013. I didn't lose a pound but felt better and slept better. I saved alot of $ too! Figure out how much your saving by not dropping by the gas station to pay over 2 bucks a bottle when you have a craving. I just started getting serious about weight loss using this program and I appreciate all the wisdom out there.
  • tlscroggins77
    tlscroggins77 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I have read the article about what coke does to your body and I honestly can't see how it can be harmful if consumed in moderation. I am a Georgia girl, and here with the headquarters just down the road we take our coca cola very serious. Lol! I mean everything tastes better with coke....pizza, hot dogs, nachos, and now in my case salad!! :)
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    I have read the article about what coke does to your body and I honestly can't see how it can be harmful if consumed in moderation. I am a Georgia girl, and here with the headquarters just down the road we take our coca cola very serious. Lol! I mean everything tastes better with coke....pizza, hot dogs, nachos, and now in my case salad!! :)

<3
  • tlscroggins77
    tlscroggins77 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    mandymay01 wrote: »
    I try so hard not to drink any. But if im having a bad day I usally will have one
    Seriously!!! Why does a coca cola with a Reese cup make a bad day all better??? :)
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options

The half truths put into memes are not reality.

I like you @brianpperkins